Tank Journal Archive

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Ati Powermodule Modding Thoughts
Tossing ideas in the air but im considering stripping two tubes out of my 6 bulb power module to make it a hybrid so i can have the best of both worlds using primarily blue/ royal blue, purple and uv leds

Thinking about getting two of these and running 8-9 leds on each
Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 11.54.41 pm.png

i havent done any DIY for ages but im guessing meanwell drivers?

any input from the gurus appreciated

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Give me yell if you want to drop by some time and take some notes on my DIY configuration.
It's a 5 channel dawn to dusk/moonlight Arduino run setup.
Or you could wait till later in the year when I'm selling it and the Cade, when the new tank is up and running.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
hows the arduino go? might have to look into it would be good for ramp up and ramp down. upgrading tanks already?

n0rk

Aug 10, 2011
Brisbane
I tossed up the idea of this for a while, settled on that it's probably better to just add some LEDs to the outside as supplements only rather than butchering the light itself.

Reactions: MTG

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
I tossed up the idea of this for a while, settled on that it's probably better to just add some LEDs to the outside as supplements only rather than butchering the light itself.
thats what im thinking to ben just cant think of a way to make it look neat!

n0rk

Aug 10, 2011
Brisbane
thats what im thinking to ben just cant think of a way to make it look neat!
Hide them behind it and angle in.

The other option I guess would be remove the two middle tubes and run some stunner strips inside of the unit itself. That way it's reversible if you don't like it.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Hide them behind it and angle in.

The other option I guess would be remove the two middle tubes and run some stunner strips inside of the unit itself. That way it's reversible if you don't like it.
that could work. i think i would only need to sacrifice one

n0rk

Aug 10, 2011
Brisbane
well that's something that i didn't think of!
From memory, the wiring pattern on a 6-tube PM is 1 2 1 3 2 3, so without a rewire there's no real neat way to do it. You'd probably be best to use the actinic channel and keep your daylight channel as-is, that way you don't mess with the internals too much.