Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Attacking The Dt
Since going fish less whilst trying to break the cycle of whatever turned my tank into a fish less aquarium it's time for more experimental treatment.
I have seen a couple of planarians cruising around. Normally these things I don't worry about , but since I plan to strike at those that might cause problem - tonight the tank got a dose of
image.jpeg

After successfully defeating the most extreme case of algeas I've ever seen I thought why not smash the planaria .... Now here is the kicker , never tested this on saltwater tanks but have had great success in the past on my FW tanks.
Stay with us as the planaria and display tank get a dose.
On another note if anyone needs to borrow my 2 urchins for some clean up duties please PM me. Between these guys and a couple of zeovit products the worst outbreak of hair Algea is now gone!!!!

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
May as well proclaim success now unless something drastic happens, all mysis shrimp happy, stromb happy and colour and polyp extension normal on SPS and Acan collection- happy days.
Just don't trust planaria especially one very suspect 15mm transparent flat one. Makes me think the bastard could be snacking on my SPS.

I'll go searching for planaria over the next few days.
I had a big outbreak in week one or two but they all vanished as quick as they appeared.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Alkalinity is a bit wobbly.
Ran out of co2 during the week. Have not put the spare bottle on the tank yet.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Bristle worms are taking a knock , found four dead ones .
Some snails are looking a bit groggy .