August Update

Discussion in 'Nano Reef Tanks' started by daveH, Aug 3, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. daveH

daveH Team Leader

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,226
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    Maroon-Clown-3-8-14.jpg
    Starting to get the hang of the new camera, maybe it's just the fish staying still for me. ha
    The tank is just getting better month by month.
    Salinity - 1.026 - Temp - 25 - pH - 8.4 - Phos - .04 - KH/Alk - 8.3 - Mag - 1350 - Calc - 490 - Nitrate - 0
    I bought an AquaMedic Phos reactor, plumbed it all up in tandem with the plumbing for the chiller (ready for summer) and decided not to use it yet. The Phos levels are so good now, thanks to the excellent water I'm collecting and the temp is being so accurately controlled with the Elitech control unit that does the heater and a couple of small fans that blow across from the back of the tank that I'm just going to hold off on firing up the chiller until really necessary.
    I was looking at couple of early pics of when I first got my Blastos, about 2 years ago and noticed how each head looked so much bigger and then I realised that it was because back then there were only about 6 heads but now the same coral has over 2 dozen heads crowded into the same space.
    I've certainly had some amazing coral growth over the past year and luckily extremely little in the way of loss.
    I think the best growth I've seen in the tank is with the elegance. It started out so tiny and retracted and stayed that way until it went in the Cade. The big improvement came when I was advised to get it off the bottom and hang it facing out halfway up the rocks - then it really took off. I'm not sure how much longer it will still be comfortable in this size tank.
    • Love It! Love It! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Dr. Schell

Dr. Schell The Fuckin' Doc

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +1,494
    Australia
    State:
    QLD
    Little fish is looking great and has coloured up very well!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. daveH

daveH Team Leader

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,226
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    They really are a beautiful pair of fish, thanks. :)
    By the way the domino ended up being the male.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  4. Dr. Schell

Dr. Schell The Fuckin' Doc

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +1,494
    Australia
    State:
    QLD
    Glad that they sorted out their dominance issues. And yes, they are beautiful