Tank Journal Archive

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
August Update
Well it's been a crazy few months for the little ole Elos.
After a series of a few problems including an osmocontroller pump on the fritz, a rusty magnet found in the sump from a probe holder, a mistake made on my doser which accidentally stopped all dosing, my skimmer pump leaking current into the water and finally a leaking bottom silicone seam which drained half the tank before I was able to get home and transfer everything.
After all that though the tank is looking as good as it has for a while and I'm pretty happy with how things are sailing.

On the coral front after the move from the holding container back into the tank both the monti's completely paled out. They looked quite funny, full colourful polyp extension but a white base.
Alk had been really stable so thought maybe the tank was lacking nutrients as Im running bare bottom atm. The tank always ran with undetectable N and P on salifert and Hanna test kits before hand, but it had to be there. So I was dumping food in like no tomorrow and just in the last couple weeks the colour has almost completely come back.
The Seriatoporagrowth as expected has been really good and atm I can almost see daily growth. Just wish the Radion didn't cause shadows as the top is clearly more colorful than the shaded areas.
The acro looks the same as the day I got it lol, just slowly encrusting.
All in all I'm happy with with how everything's going and my SPS learning experience is going well.
The lack of sand atm has made it hard to place the rocks so everything isn't sitting exactly how I'd like.

Missus and I are moving to our new place in the next month or two after a longggg almost 2 year wait. So the tank will go through another move then.
I've also been planning an upgrade for the past year but it's been put off until we're in our own place. Once we're in I can order the tank and start a new adventure!

Thanks for reading
Any way.. A few pics!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This is a before and after of the monti losing colour then slowly getting it back
image.jpg

image.jpg

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Cheers bud! The only thing I lost during the leak debacle was the frag of SSC that I had high hopes of comparing to yours as time went on.
I'm sure as time goes on there will be a frag of my SSC to share.
Mine is going strong but colour has faded. Been tweaking a few things recently trying to crack open thier colour code. So far they have not given up any secrets only tiny hints.

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
I'm sure as time goes on there will be a frag of my SSC to share.
Mine is going strong but colour has faded. Been tweaking a few things recently trying to crack open thier colour code. So far they have not given up any secrets only tiny hints.
Thanks mate :)
I feel that, I'm on that many tank journals these days learning from all the great tanks and what people do differently for colours and health. You're avatar is spot on with my life atm haha

Stevexlr8

Jul 22, 2014
Wow, great looking tank mate.

It has a really simple, yet sleek and modern look, and the colours are amazing, they just 'pop' right out.

It really is a sweet tank, nice job !!