Tank Journal Archive

Tas

Jan 29, 2013
Back Into It!
Hi all,

Been a while since I have been back here!

I am currently in the process of setting up my Stingray RODI filter recently purchased from The Reef Shop.

The black plastic fitting does not fit the water inlet hole as per picture. Has anyone set up one of these before?

20140921_170112[1].jpg

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
The end facing up is the side that goes into the filter. Thread tape the crap out of it and it should be water tight. The left side is the hose outlet connection end, and the threaded hole in the tee is for the pressure gauge.

:D

Tas

Jan 29, 2013
The end facing up is the side that goes into the filter. Thread tape the crap out of it and it should be water tight. The left side is the hose outlet connection end, and the threaded hole in the tee is for the pressure gauge.

:D
The end facing up is also too small for the thread? I can slide it in and out easily? I have sent an email to The Reef Shop so lets see if I can be supplied the correct part

Str8edge

Mar 10, 2013
Shepparton
Looking at the fitting it should be going on the "in" side of the filter housing not the out side as your photo shows.. Also rocker is right about the gauge going on first don't make the same mistake I made. :)

Tas

Jan 29, 2013
Looking at the fitting it should be going on the "in" side of the filter housing not the out side as your photo shows.. Also rocker is right about the gauge going on first don't make the same mistake I made. :)
I wrote the OUT on it lol, i have since realised its wrong, need to get some turps on it!

The supplier wants me to send the unit back to him! stuff that.

Tas

Jan 29, 2013
I went to my local Pirtek to source the correct fittings.

I am currently waiting on my plumber so I can connect the filter up to a water supply so i can get things happening!

Also i was thinking of getting more live rock, I think i should have approx 20kg in there??

Tas

Jan 29, 2013
Okay so I finally got the RODI filter setup completed last week, really happy with being able to make my own salt water now. I am using the Red Sea Coral Pro salt.

I have also noticed a couple of the LEDs in my Par 38 have burnt out so looking to get a new globe.

I am also thinking about adding an ATO system, either Hydor or Tunze, and then i started thinking about changing from a canister filter to a sump