Reef Discussion

dazzamx

Feb 24, 2015
Balling Light
i have been dosing with Randys for a while now and wouldn't mind trying Fauna marine Balling light method.
I did see a post on the group buy, but would love to have some feedback on this product
Have seen a few posts over seas, and they say they are having good results with them.
Cheers

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I have not, I use a cal reactor and randy's.

Just pointing out that you don't want to get yourself stuck on a approach that then runs out of stock.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
What is your reason for changing from Randy's?

There probably wouldn't be a lot of difference, except for the cost involved, especially if you use ASW for water changes which would replenish the trace elements.

dazzamx

Feb 24, 2015
What is your reason for changing from Randy's?

There probably wouldn't be a lot of difference, except for the cost involved, especially if you use ASW for water changes which would replenish the trace elements.
Yeah the cost would ba a a factor after a while depending how much the tank go's through.
Just want to see if there is any diffrence in Coral growth and coloration with this product as I do like the idea of the trace elements being mixed withe the dosing liquid.
I use NSW at this stage but it's hit and miss weather you get good water from the supplier. The water is filtered from the inlet via a big pump and filtration shed they have set up.
I Am also thinking about setting up and doing ASW as well which would most likely work out cheaper in the long run ? and like you said I could stick to Randys.