Tank Journal Archive

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
Been A While......again
Well another few months have passed, and honestly, not much has changed.
I have however changed the wavemakers to jebao rw-8's courtesy of @Wrangy
But other than that, and some coral changes, the tank has been just cruising along at the moment.
Phosphate is a little high, but im in the process of bringing it down.
10418361_10202920893964848_2777440759958098028_n.jpg

Still a ways to go, but i think its starting to look really good. Just really needs a cleanup of the hair algae, in the next few weeks i should have my hands on an algae scrubber, so hopefully that will become my main nutrient export method.

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
Overpowered to say the least haha. I've got one running on else mode (i really like this mode) but it has to be pointed almost strait up otherwise the tank just gets blown everywhere, and I've got the other on w1, just a soft constant pulse which is creating a little wave.
Even running these two pumps on night mode they are pushing more water around than the aqua-ones.
Very defiantly impressed with these guys. And even though the corals are still getting used to them i think they look much happier already

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Overpowered to say the least haha. I've got one running on else mode (i really like this mode) but it has to be pointed almost strait up otherwise the tank just gets blown everywhere, and I've got the other on w1, just a soft constant pulse which is creating a little wave.
Even running these two pumps on night mode they are pushing more water around than the aqua-ones.
Very defiantly impressed with these guys. And even though the corals are still getting used to them i think they look much happier already
haha they were just a little too strong in my 2ft cube so I'd imagine they'd be near on just right for you :) It's good that they're settling in and you're enjoying them!! They really are grouse little units and my corals definitely improved after the addition of them too :)