Tank Journal Archive

DeWalt

May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Been A While
Tank has been doing its own thing as I have started a new consulting business last year and simply had no time to do anything with it over the last 8 months or so.

Growth on the softies has been consistent and I have had no dramas with any of the equipment.

Have some kit on order to setup a calcium reactor (Geo CR612 Carx, AP Carbon Doser regulator and a IKS Vario peri pump).

Decided about a month ago to get rid of the hood and go open top. Found the AI rail kit in one of the local LFS's. Reckon it looks pretty bloody good.

IMG_2251.jpg

CodyS

Sep 22, 2012
Nice little tank!

I have all that gear sitting around waiting to be setup here... one day!

DeWalt

May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Thanks for the replies guys.

The calcium reactor is clearly overkill lol.

I got it because I'm sooo tempted to go sps with this tank...only thing holding me back are the softies doing so well. Scared I might jinx myself if I meddle too much.

DeWalt

May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Looks great! Any warfare between the softies?
Cheers mate.

I had a Sinularia that grew really big quickly, while it felt that the other corals were slower growers (always looking healthy and polyps showing).

I removed the Sinularia a couple of months ago....presto all my other corals took off. Clearly there was some chemical warfare going on that I wasn't aware of.

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
I had the same issue with a quick growing Sinularia.

At the moment I wonder if some of my softies and LPS are suffering from chemical warfare rather than from my Coral Beauty.