Tank Journal Archive

gtrxu1

Jun 25, 2012
Begining
I have been slowly building up equipment to upgrade my 34L nano. The 34L was originally setup to house some stuff for a friend who pulled out of the hobby. It consists of a couple of Clowns and a Shrimp/Goby pair. I got some of my friends equipment cheap as well but I may upgrade the kr-nano light, will have to see how it performs.

I almost have everything I need so I will begin the cycle as soon as I finish mixing the water up.

Still to do:
- ATO
- RW-4 Wavemaker is in the mail
- Was thinking about using an Algae Scrubber on this build - http://tinyurl.com/ncgz33b

Here's a few pics.

IMG_0277.JPG

Using Real Reef Rock

IMG_0278.JPG

Its really nice rock, totally wife friendly you can Scape on the living room floor.

IMG_0288.JPG

MQ-9

Nov 25, 2014
A good start. One thing, careful with magnetic algae scrubbers using that sand as it can have bits in it that stick to magnets, reef safe yes, but not glass friendly. A good scraper is the way to go for algae control.

gtrxu1

Jun 25, 2012
Yeah I'm using the Continuum blades on this tank, i'll try to avoid the temptation of the Two Little Fishies mag.

gtrxu1

Jun 25, 2012
Yay the first issue! Leaking baffles awesome.
Looks like the factory must have run out of Silicon when they built the tank.

gtrxu1

Jun 25, 2012
Sump is all sealed up properly now, and I have given it another wet test. Seems really good now the sump is working as it should.
I modified the crap out of the back sections and removed a few of the baffles. This was to fit in the Tunze skimmer and also make room for the algae scrubber which I will be ordering soon. Still undecided if I will use the Drop-in ATS or the HOG model. I preemptively cut a window into the black backing just in case I go with the HOG model.

Looking forward to finishing up with work for the long weekend so I can do the fun parts.

MQ-9

Nov 25, 2014
Pics or it didn't happen! Starting to get into these smaller sump in back style tanks, though with all the mods they give me flash backs to pimping out my first redsea max 130!

gtrxu1

Jun 25, 2012
Sure is, its just a fish only that looks after itself at the moment but I'm going to fix it up a bit soon. Currently it has a dead light so its not looking the best but running ok and the fish are happy.