Tank Journal Archive

Beginning To Come Together
It is starting to feel like this going to happen. I know that sounds a little odd but it just feels like it was never going to happen.

We have the main stand arrive, we wanted the stand to be 900mm high however we can only get 750mm in the door. The second part of the stand will be completed this week and be ready to go for the weekend.

Tonight we built the 'sump room', this is an outdoor storage shed that we have set-up in the garage. It is made of mostly coreflue and I won't like it to be outside but it will work well with the salt water. The part I am very much looking forward to is being able to access my sump, at the moment it is all but impossible.

Attachments

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Looks good so far!

Will the sump shed be insulated? Just thinking about winter and summer for that matter and the impact on temp. Sufficient heating and a chiller should be enough I guess?

Looks good so far!

Will the sump shed be insulated? Just thinking about winter and summer for that matter and the impact on temp. Sufficient heating and a chiller should be enough I guess?
Yes, we'll have a chiller in for summer (wouldn't be great in summer on a 40c day) and my husband is going to build an insulated 'box' for want of a better term to assist in winter.

I really want this to work, I don't want the sump under the tank. I want to be able to have easy access however if I have to bring it inside and put it under the tank I will.

E

ezza

Have you blueprints for this marvel of modern aquatic engineering? I would love to see more!

Have you blueprints for this marvel of modern aquatic engineering? I would love to see more!
LOL

The detailed plans match the project. The long section will hold media like carbon and so on and means that we can have the water flow down to the skimmer and come back via each section to the return pump. We set it up this way as the sump will be in another room and I wanted the water pump to have the shorted distance back to the tank.

Attachments