Reef Discussion

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Bio-pellet Reactor
Dame Just received my new reactor from fish street and it will not fit in my sump no matter what i try

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
If it is the one without the pump can't you plumb it externally? With a few hoses maybe you can fit it somewhere else in your cabinet?

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
awww_fish_street_com_image_show_php_6c33c5e58f9d5bd98c027d62188e1822._.jpg
Is it this one? Might help someone else come up with some ideas

There might still be a way to hook up a hose to the inlet of the pump and plumb it back to the tank

Like Sam said pictures might help

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Any chance you could show a picture of the rest of your sump?

Was the reactor larger than the dimensions quoted on the fish street size or was it one of those cases (that I do all the time) where you take a look and go "yeah that'll fit!" :D

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Any chance you could show a picture of the rest of your sump?

Was the reactor larger than the dimensions quoted on the fish street size or was it one of those cases (that I do all the time) where you take a look and go "yeah that'll fit!" :D
LOL, it is the size they stated, but it has a tube down the side of it which adds centimetres that i do not have, i will take a photo of the sump for you ....thanks

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
LOL, it is the size they stated, but it has a tube down the side of it which adds centimetres that i do not have, i will take a photo of the sump for you ....thanks
IF you look at the picture of the 150, it has a red tube down the side, this is not counted in their measurements, they say 15cm bit add 5 more for the tube

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Says on the webpage that the 150 will take up to 2.5 liters of media.

What is in the chamber on the right of your sump that is in the dark?

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
ok so from what I can see, that red pipe is just the outlet? Can you modify it to go over the bubble traps in your sump into the return pump chamber?