Reef Discussion

Black Lock Line With Duck Bill
Hi guys, I have been looking around for some black loc line at 3/4 inch size. Its pretty hard to come by so ithought I'd ask here. What I need is a male 3/4 inch threaded end, then 3-4 loc-line sections and the duck bill. I need two of these. Happy to buy them from someone if they have any spare.

so two of these each...
Loc-Line-1-2-inch-Ball-Sock.jpg

1428066361.jpg

images3JL7FGCF.jpg

NOT THESE ONES... tese I can get but they are no good.
imagesREEDGH73.jpg

Why is it that there are so much to choose from if you like orange and blue but no black???

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Had two but swapped for a spare eheim pump :D

If you want the black stuff, modular hose in America is the go. Be prepared to use a mail forwarder though as they want to charge a bomb for international shipping

Nov 17, 2011
Northside Brisbane, 4017
And, be careful with some of the product available locally - it is rumored to be fake and leaks like a sieve.
I have had first hand experience with the cheaper alternative and the original.
The cheaper will leak when placed above the water line. The original is made to much tighter tolerances and actually takes some effort to manoeuvre.

Unfortunately, the place I used to purchase the original stuff from, is no longer in business (Ausfrags).

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
you could always get the orange/blue stuff locally and just use krylon fusion to paint it black

The problem I have is not that the loc line available readily is bad... its just that the duck bill on above image (one with the round hole....) is not flat. the loc line is fine and the length is great. Only the duck bill tends to send most of the flow straight out and focussed in the centre.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I have bought exactly what you are looking for from the website @Sam Parker has given you. It was a few years ago and shipping was a killer though.

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
I wish Aquasonic would bring it back in again, was so much easier when they supplied it.

Last time I looked at modularhose, the shipping was more than the sum of the parts I wanted! no idea on freight forwarders, never used their services, but might be worth checking out to see what the damage will be on postage from the States.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I can recommend the australia post mail forwarding service. Especially if you get the american seller to pack the items small and light.