Reef Discussion

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
So realistically before i add a blenny or yasha...the 2 have the same skimmer so would it be better getting the smaller one as the extra skimming power will have more effect on it or would it be more than enough for the bigger one too?

also, what lighting would one change to for this?

keeping in mind i want something controllable and adjustable...kessil?

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
The skimmer is fine on both, you could go either way with it :) And if it's only the clowns in there then you'll definitely be fine in the bigger model.

My gut instinct is that a kessil may be a tad strong over the tank although if you had it down lower you would be fine :) My other suggestions would be one of the micmol aqua that @chimaera stocks or a razor nano (sorry if I keep plugging it but they just look so damn sexy :p ). Radion's would definitely be overkill haha

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
The skimmer is fine on both, you could go either way with it :) And if it's only the clowns in there then you'll definitely be fine in the bigger model.

My gut instinct is that a kessil may be a tad strong over the tank although if you had it down lower you would be fine :) My other suggestions would be one of the micmol aqua that @chimaera stocks or a razor nano (sorry if I keep plugging it but they just look so damn sexy :p ). Radion's would definitely be overkill haha
i do like it a lot but its for my gf so slimline would be more appealing to her i would then go for a par38 but wanna have some control and go the whole sunrise sunset, :( i feel so rude not going with @naqua on this one but im still yet to put a work desk tank together so i will bring him in :)

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Need some help on lighting...

Option #1 - Giesemann Teszla (S)
Option #2 - Giesemann Teszla XT (S)
Option #3 - Kessil (not sure which one?)
Option #4 - Ideas??

RCanik

Imported Canadian
Dec 23, 2013
Ballarat
Infact...the Futura model has just become a viable option for my 6 foot. Good thing I've got some time to do some more research

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Infact...the Futura model has just become a viable option for my 6 foot. Good thing I've got some time to do some more research
not a lot of info out there. i was looking into it for my Elos but waiting till interzoo this year as i believe we should see some new products :)