Reef Discussion

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Brightwell Phosphatr
Hey guys, I just recently purchased this product to lower my phosphates.

I'm keen to find out if there's anyone who has used this product before.

I've read the reviews and they looking promising, brightwell has a product which can be used to regenerate the media up to 5 times making this media cost effective.

Leave comments below.

Cheers, Jimmy.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
i use phos x by brightwell found it more cost effective in my systems. i dont do and phos reduction any more once the bound phos was removed

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
i use phos x by brightwell found it more cost effective in my systems. i dont do and phos reduction any more once the bound phos was removed
The phosphate r is regnerble up to 5 times..which seems pretty good but I really know how it's actually going to span out..my phos lets say isn't on the colour chart..but my good friend who owns an aquairum uses this product and he says it keeps his phos really low..well low enough for his sps dominated tank.

I'll just have to use it and see how it goes..if it drops within the 1-2 day mark..I'm going to consider it a pretty decent media.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
The phosphate r is regnerble up to 5 times..which seems pretty good but I really know how it's actually going to span out..my phos lets say isn't on the colour chart..but my good friend who owns an aquairum uses this product and he says it keeps his phos really low..well low enough for his sps dominated tank.

I'll just have to use it and see how it goes..if it drops within the 1-2 day mark..I'm going to consider it a pretty decent media.
yeah it doesent seem bad at all. i just found it easyer to throw a couple of drops of phos x in every few days untill my issue was gone permanently took a good 12 months of fighting it to remove all the bound phos from the rock. i started with GFO but found they exhausted to quickly. ended up using phos x and skimming it out. took alot let time and was cheaper