Tank Journal Archive

E

ezza

I just love that it is not just a tank stand. It is a functional piece of furniture in the room, I like the bookshelf because who drinks wine anyway?
The more accurate statement should be.. Who stores wine instead of drinking it?!

E

ezza

I have a friend who drinks like a fish and has an $80k wine collection... I love wine, but if I "collected" it, I wouldn't be in this hobby. I drink less (and cheaper wine) since beginning reefing. My husband might argue me on that point but I think it's true ;)

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
I live next door to the Barossa Valley and worked there as a plumber for a number of years. I was offered wine with every job I did and I never accepted it because I would rather drink fresh cats piss than red wine. I eventually started taking a few bottles here and there to give as presents etc. but I could never understand why anyone would collect a consumable item, unless you consider my 3 bottles of beer in the fridge a collection? Hang on now there is only 2...

E

ezza

I live next door to the Barossa Valley and worked there as a plumber for a number of years. I was offered wine with every job I did and I never accepted it because I would rather drink fresh cats piss than red wine. I eventually started taking a few bottles here and there to give as presents etc. but I could never understand why anyone would collect a consumable item, unless you consider my 3 bottles of beer in the fridge a collection? Hang on now there is only 2...
Your claim of it tasting like "cat piss" says it all. :p I haven't tried some of the wines my friend has... But the nicest wines I have had take my breath away. There is nothing like a lovely wine. I also enjoy a nice beer or coffee. I just enjoy beautiful flavours.

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
I just dont get the red wine taste... I will admit there have been 2 or 3 that I have enjoyed and I have had the "pleasure" of tasting some really top shelf red wines and I just dont like them. I love port red or white, and a particular fortified shiraz that doesnt exist anymore. I just dont get the red wine taste. Give me a beer or coffee any day!