Tank Journal Archive

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Cabinet Time
I dropped the stand frame off at the cabinet maker yesterday and have gone on a different direction.
I was tossing up between going with black or white, didn't want wood finish, wouldn't have suited the new decor.
So I split the difference and went grey - It's called EGR StyleLite Graphite high gloss.
I'm really looking forward so seeing the finished product, I think it's going to look really sharp and just that little bit different.

Nautynigel

Oct 26, 2014
Strathfield
how are the doors being hinged on? I notice my CADE cabinet is starting to rust right where the lugs are that hinge the door.

Is there a fix for this or do you just accept the rust and replace every 2 years or something?

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
I'll have to see what the cabinet guy comes up with regarding the hinges. I guess a little shot of WD40 wouldn't hurt them occasionally.

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
I'll have to see what the cabinet guy comes up with regarding the hinges. I guess a little shot of WD40 wouldn't hurt them occasionally.
Hey Dave,
I have heard Loc-Tite make a product that some cabinet makers use when attaching hinges to metal. It bonds & seals the metal to reduce the chance of rust in that spot. I haven't researched any further but might be worth while looking into.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I wouldn't use WD40 near a tank or anywhere there's saltwater. Find some sort of silicone for that purpose, it'll last a lot longer.