Reef Discussion

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
Cade Light Pole Supports
Hi everyone,

I am very very excited as I am about to finally set up my CADE HL900. I will create an online journal shortly. It's not going to be as exciting as an entirely new setup as I will be moving my existing liverock and corals into it, but adding coral sand.

A question about the CADE light poles. I have just placed the brackets on the cabinet and tested one of the light poles and realised that if the bracket wasn't tight enough the pole could drop and hit the rim of the tank. The clamps do look quite strong to me, but still, I would like there to be some sort of safety stop in case one loosed the clam nuts without thinking. What are your experiences with these clamps?

I might try to put some kind of stop on the light pole just in case I am adjusting the poles and one slips. One could also put an extension on the end of the light support, maybe as simple as a piece of dowel on the end of the support, such that it cannot fall.

corals

Nov 4, 2013
Canberra
The poles work fine..the clamp just needs to be firm. Also the weight on the end of the poles when the lights are attached is not a force that pushes the poles down .

Hi everyone,

I am very very excited as I am about to finally set up my CADE HL900. I will create an online journal shortly. It's not going to be as exciting as an entirely new setup as I will be moving my existing liverock and corals into it, but adding coral sand.

A question about the CADE light poles. I have just placed the brackets on the cabinet and tested one of the light poles and realised that if the bracket wasn't tight enough the pole could drop and hit the rim of the tank. The clamps do look quite strong to me, but still, I would like there to be some sort of safety stop in case one loosed the clam nuts without thinking. What are your experiences with these clamps?

I might try to put some kind of stop on the light pole just in case I am adjusting the poles and one slips. One could also put an extension on the end of the light support, maybe as simple as a piece of dowel on the end of the support, such that it cannot fall.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I'm not familiar with the poles but, if you are concerned, can you just wrap some tape around the post above the clamp. This would be a non-permanent solution which wouldn't be seen.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
You'll love the cade :)

I've been using the light poles for about 8 months now with my big ol' halide unit (10-15kg) mounted about the tank with no issues at all. I have the hl600 and the brackets screwed into the frame of the stand. Just make sure you use a drill to tighten the screws properly! Also test the height, mark and test again before you screw them to final position :)