News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Michelle, I'm giving you a space bar chica!
But we hear you, so many systems are broken and I think we would all agree there need to be a complete overhaul.

So Neo, I have a question for you directly. How do you plan to save the internet?

Dont be afraid to jump into any topic folks, all this sh^t we talking about effects your lives.
Burying your head in the sand is cool, we've all done it, I personally wont think any less of you. Although on the flip side, we know the one that are, cause they wont post here ether... boom! Try getting around that one..lol
Hello 'vspec',

I don't plan to save the internet, I can only do what I can in order to try and influence a lot of people to have the power to protect it. If it is in danger I will let as many people as I can know about it. I will go out and protest on the streets to have my voice heard, in the smallest hope that others will follow.

This is reality, and no single human can make a change in this world. We need to stick together, we need to protest, we need to be heard. I have, and will always try and influence people when it comes to matters like this. If they choose to make a psysical stand along side me, then that is great. However, if they are too scared / worried / intimidated to protest, they can always help by spreading the news around.

If the news gets enough momentum in the right light, others will be on the streets. Everyone can help, regardless in what way. Hackers can hack, singers can sing. There is no "method" to achieve change, only a hope.

The internet is only a tiny little part of this whole system. But it is a part that we can save, and a part that is the most important to protect. It allows us fast, easy, and free communication anywhere we are in the world. If a revolution is to start somewhere, it should, and will be online.

People have been conditioned to compete for survival against their brothers and sisters for far too long. You are raised with the preaching of getting a good job, making a lot of money, succeeding. But what is success? I can tell you now that nobody in this world has succeeded in anything for a very long time. We need to start looking out for one another, helping out one another, and loving one another.

There are so many wars.. injustices. Everywhere you look there is misery, people in pain and dying, others scraping through. What is the point? We have the ability right now to just say "enough". But we can't, because that is going against the system that we have been raised to love. Not only that, but we are prepared to kill someone, including ourselves to protect this system, which is insane.

Change has to start somewhere, and as stupid as this sounds, I will say it anyway. The reason this site is free, is because I wanted to start making a change right now. Yes it is small and insignificant, and if the site goes tomorrow it won't make a difference in the world, but it is a start. Everything this site has to offer individuals is free. Forever.

And look what happened as a result of the way the site is run. The community is friendly, it sticks together. The members help out each other for the sake of helping out. The culture of The Reefuge is very much like The Venus Project in certain ways. Yes there is still money floating around, but we are still stuck in the system. But for a lot of the time, we have managed to break away from the system.

Members give frags away, others make shirts, others help move tanks and give expensive equipment away just because they want to help someone else out. THIS is how the world needs to be. There is no perfect system, and there never will be, but what humans have is a corrupt, greedy, manipulative, dishonest, and fraudulent system made for a handful of people to get rich by the countless deaths and painful lives of others.

So to wrap it up, I can't save the internet, and I can't save the world. It is up to people to wake up and see what they are doing. I can however try and make examples of a better life, and try to get people to understand this way of thinking. If it ever comes to an actual fight, then I will gladly spill my blood in the name of love. Not in the name of money, greed, or god.

And that is the real tragedy of it all, it is a paradox. How can we fight in the name of love?

There is no mystery to this. It is as simple as this;

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will finally know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Thanks.