Reef Discussion

potatocouch

Jan 16, 2014
Sydney
Calling All Kamoer Dosers For Help
Ok am a tad confused on how this thing works.

Are we not able to choose at what particular time a dose should start?

i.e. I want to dose from pump #3, a total of 5 ml per day, over 2 dose, time span of 10 mins and to start dosing only from 5 pm.

I am able to see all the option for the green bits but not the red.

How do I tell Kamoer to start dosing only from 5 pm onwards?

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
There should be an option to specify two different times to dose between. I don't have my Kamoer anymore but there was definitely that option.

potatocouch

Jan 16, 2014
Sydney
There should be an option to specify two different times to dose between. I don't have my Kamoer anymore but there was definitely that option.
nah man, there isn't any.

In the Auto Dose mode, it allows me to set:
  • ml / day
  • how many times
  • delay
  • interval
there's no timespan.

And if we go back one up to the option mode, it doesn't have refill reminder too .. quite odd.

Hence make me question, when will this thing start dosing? am assuming if set to dose 5 ml per day over 2 occurrence, should I just trust it that it will dose 5 ml per day over 2 occurrences?

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
If I recall, it was the last two options when you cycled through them. Unless they have updated them and got rid of it?

potatocouch

Jan 16, 2014
Sydney
Ok it appears that the doser that I have is the older version and needed $50 USD to change PCB board from Kamoer.

Another question to those that have used Kamoer in the past or still.

When I calibrated, I did the wrong thing by using RODI water and obviously the real liquids (Ca, Alk, Mg, NoPox) have different viscosity.

The calibration is totally OFF. 1 min calibration for RODI water comes out to 45 ml, whilst using that calibration, I'm only getting 15 ml of NoPox.

So what I did is calibrated the doser using the real liquids and dosing it straight to sump, BUT with container under the output tube.

This way, we are mimicking the real production environment.

I thought I check if I'm doing this the right way or the wrong way?

I can still see the tube is not fully filled with NoPox, even after being primed numerous times.

Few times trial, it's getting to the ml that I wanted.

afarm1.staticflickr.com_420_19868021999_694d5fa714.jpg

Attachments

Last edited: