Off-Topic

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
Cars
Tell us what car you drive, and what your dream machine is.

I'm currently in a VYII SS Ute, thats unmolested thus far. Planning quite a few mods in the future like wheels and tyres, suspension, xdrilled or slotted brakes, braided brake line, OTR, Maffless tune, ecu, full exhaust, cam, dyno tune, amongst others..

Dream car.. I would say a modded R8 V10 :cool:

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
I currently own 6 cars I'm a bit of hoarder:) My daily is a '08 GU Patrol ute
[Broken External Image]:https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne..._102499996055_728776055_2553638_3787293_n.jpg

DR30 skyline (lots of money spent on it)
[Broken External Image]:https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...9/94/728776055/n728776055_2116288_4784874.jpg

S13 silvia (soon to be stripped and sold off, some drunk guy ran into it while parked in my diveway)
[Broken External Image]:https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne..._409896356055_728776055_5063206_7603390_n.jpg

Suzuki Sierra/ holden drover tin top( lifted and locked)
[Broken External Image]:https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne..._441684231055_728776055_5740327_2550952_n.jpg

Suzuki LJ50 (3cyl, 500cc, 2 stroke, saved this from a farm in extremely poor condition will give it a fix up one day, they are becoming extremely rare)
ai182.photobucket.com_albums_x146_DR_JOSHUA_2_stroker.png

and I recently bought my misses a '98 Suzuki Grand Vitara, I'm going to keep calling this mine till she pays me back, LOL

My dream car is pretty simple since I already own it the DR30, Only car I have ever really dreamed about

V

'vspec'

I have the run of the mill ozzie VT Bombodore V8, that's seen its fair share of my money. And the thing is still nowhere near finnished.

Dream car has to be the aston martin
afiles.conceptcarz.com_img_Aston_20Martin_aston_martin_DB9_LM_manu_08_01_1024.jpg

Although hot on the trail would definitely be from the Audi stables as well! ;)

V

'vspec'

Curved hand crafted muscle, cant go wrong.

Although "almost" giving up chicks for the cause is a hard habit to kick bud. Talk about sucker for punishment, im even flying half way around the world for my 20yr old Columbian delight. I thought this sh^t was meant to get easier..lol

V

'vspec'

Nothing much to see dude, lets be real ~ Its a bombordore after all! :confused: The shit depreciates quicker than milk left out on the bench..lol

Old school 5lt sydney special vehicles number, I then pumped in the rest. Everything from the paint work to the quality swap outs. (For the time at least) Cost me a friggen fortune and given its daily usages now (see attached) sh^t still falls apart quicker than I can fix it.

Originally destine for a throw about social track day wank factor with the mates, but luckerly pulled the pin before I completely gut the interior. Although, taking into account its age, it's still only just done 85thou on the clock, so it should give an indication to how I treated it previously! .
ai702.photobucket.com_albums_ww21_veriann_redoneblotout.jpg

Axe S

Aug 29, 2011
Gladstone Qld
Ford ranger (Replaced the VY SS) - wife drive it to work
Hyundai Accent - Work Car
Nissan R33 Skyline 4 door - was my play car, Made 594Hp.. back to standard now.. going to sell it to fund
Hq Monaro coupe - current project

Dream car is a 35 GTR

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Better off with the ls1, a friend just bought a vy clubby turbo. That things w beast. Stock internals think it's running like 10psi? Absolute weapon

outside.jpg

Thats my baby, full blown pro drift car.

nissan s14.5
All the top gear built by one of the best in Australian drifting
Makes 400hp out of a 2L motor

Competed in a few local events this year to get the feel for a new car, next year entering a full series plus powercruise drift comp, World time attack drift comp and Australian drifting grand prix sydney as a wildcard :D

I drive a Au falcon as a daily, with a car trailer for towing
GF has a black manual turbo R34 skyline
and my work car is Citreon mini van :)

was supposed to be last weekend but i pulled out and have started to freshen car up instead. was going to be a pretty expensive weekend and was only a 2day practise day.

So i probly wont be up till next year, maybe qld powercruise? or possibly a stadium drift event at Goldcoast next year sometime. Im concentrating on nsw events so i prioritise them first

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
Has anyone heard about this new legislation the wankers we call the government is trying to introduce into NSW? Apparently (source from a mate and V8 forum) Cars modified after 1st of november (I think?) have to be engineered no matter whether it's changing stock wheels and tyres or full blown engine swaps. Under the current legislation, from my understanding of it, is changing simple mechanical components do not require engineering, however turbos, SC's, and engine swaps to non-stock motors have to be engineered. My understanding of this new legislation requires all non-stock modifications (for example I want to upgrade my brakes to Xdrilled or slotted with high performance street pads, therefore I am making my car safer!) will require engineering certification..

Is it just me or are these people a few cells short of a functional brain? Perhaps they're still evolving from primative singular celled organisms? I can see many hundreds of businesses closing down if this does reign true. You'd never see a jacked fourby again! And as for track day racers well you guys better look for another hobby :confused:. There has been very little information on this legislation and the now NSW Dept. of Transport (NSW RTA) is being very hush, hush about it all, so hopefully it's just a revision and not new legislation they're not telling us about?

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I'm convinced those laws exist only to give the cops a reason to come after guys with worked cars if they start drawing attention to themselves.

I had a fairly obviously non-legal in South Aus Lancer, and never had a problem, yet I had some younger mates in various worked cars that drew attention to themselves and found themselves constantly being defected. Either the P plates, or the way they were caught driving was the catalyst for these sometimes ridiculous laws being enforced every time.