Off-Topic

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
I drove my series 2 RX7 which was very modified (read: race car) for about 3 years and never got pulled over once... I got lucky i guess, I think its all about picking the time and place to drive like a mad bastard!

I wrapped that car around the front of a ford territory at ~80kmh on a main road, and it turns out when you drive a "non road worthy" car on the road and crash insurance doesnt really cover you! any way I should have the ford territory paid off in about 11 months. So let that be a lesson to you all... If its not legal dont drive it... And if they change the rules you still have to play by them regardless of how shit the rules may be!

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
My old VT bombadore was pretty illegal too, with a 3.5" drop 17's scrubbed on it, the exhaust was probably not legal also (3"), never had a problem either.. Tho back to my question has anyone actually heard about this legislation?

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
I dont get the current day holden v ford rivalry, they are the same chassis with different body shell and motor, and the motor are restriced to same ways. I say bring back the old days when they had to race production cars, like when they released 500 L34 toranas to the public just so they are eligible to race bathurst, thats the shit

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Gotta admit - I prefer watching the historics - cars that look like things we could buy. I get the Holden vs Ford rivalry. I don't get it with cars that only look like something you can buy.
Watching Seaton wipe the floor with his XB Coupe the most exciting part of the weekend for me.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
can't recall. But damn that car has some serious pace. Ain't seen too many people go from like 10th on a reverse grid to the front in under 7 laps.

V

'vspec'

Eh, LS9 or go home :)
Yeah, not ship over the outdated crud in a backyard BS deal. If we're not going to invest in our own 8's, at least feed us something decent off the blocks.
Thats one of the reasons I wasn't phased in the slightest by retaining ours.

Codey, you have far too much money bud, however in saying that, Im jealous as hell..lol

B, nope, have not heard of the new policy they are trying to introduce, however I'm not surprised, especially in NSW.
Even down to custom plates, you guys have to pay yearly dont you..lol

Sorry sir I lost traction
Oh they so love that down here.The Vic fuzz will actively pursue regardless.
Got a mate that owns a lambo tailpipe sniffing Supra, (show condition), how do you explain loss of traction in all gears ~ you dont!
You keep the mouth shut and hope for the best..lol

and it turns out when you drive a "non road worthy" car on the road and crash insurance doesnt really cover you!
Oh, I learnt that one the hard way when I was younger, add to that, dont drink and do a midnight blast for food.

I say bring back the old days when they had to race production cars
Damn skippy! Least it might breath some decent fire and white knuckle experiences into the ballsack that would be 'genital developments'. :worship

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
'vspec' Yep personalised plates we pay a yearly fee (depending on the plate and it's lettering can be upto $440 p/a) plus you pay another fee to "purchase" the plates initially.. Christ how much money does the gov think we have?

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Someone's gotta pay for those ridiculous bloody concrete freeways you have down in the southern side of the state. That is some ridiculously expensive road!

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
My father is a civil engineer - works in local government. Designed his fair share of roads. We were heading up the Hume last week, he was going on about just how much money was being wasted on bloody concrete compared to regular sealed roads. Freeways are state funded, so now you know where all of your money is getting wasted.

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
Totally agree. Concrete also has a lower grip potential then either coarse chip or "hot mixed" roads apparently.. not sure if this is correct, but I do know that algae grows on concrete but not so much on standard road materials... Another waste is this ridiculous Carbon tax.. I mean really? There's no known accurate method to measure carbon in the atmosphere anyway, and as for climate change, all we gotta do is take a look at history, history proves to us the climate changes constantly, first heating then cooling (ice age, and were well overdue for one!) apologise for the thread hijack :cool:

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Hahah - I wouldn't mind paying a carbon tax if we could be sure that the money was actually going to be used directly to benefit positive reductions in carbon production. Somehow don't believe that will happen. But I agree with natural climate change comment - I think that's the way the world has been. It's been like it for millenia. We're just speeding the cycle up.

V

'vspec'

Natural climate change maybe, however I can scratch my head all day long and still not find another time when humans pumped out so much crap into the environment. ~ Oh wait, cause there weren't any..lol We are laying in the slipper, leave a big enough bruise and equilibrium will cancel us out too! :(