Tank Journal Archive

A Barnes

Jan 29, 2016
Cat-tastrophe!
So during my weekly water change this morning, my 7month old kitten decided to go for a swim :rage. Which sent my main shelf of acros to the sand bend... upside down... and on top of my hammer....(Expletive Deleted). Water everywhere on the carpet, not good as my tank is upstairs in my study, and to top it off i had just run out of NSW. Safe to say, not a good start to the morning.

Trip to Deer Park was now a must, get water, look at pretty things, clear head, come home and fix things properly. Things were going well, easy 1hr drive into melb, all drums in car easily, and a decent coffee on the way. Then things looked up, my Chemi-Pure Blue was in :D and Dave had some REALLY nice acro's left over (god knows how) from the shipments on Thursday and Friday, so that was a win too (pic bellow).

But then more bad :banghead managed to break the internal screen on my phone lifting water into the car, not the glass, the actual screen underneath... so more swearing, and a shitty drive home, before heading in to buy a new phone...

But all has ended OK, new acro in, rock work re-puttied and set, and i think it may have all come out a little better o_0 but hey, thats part the fun in this hobby... right?

Anyways, here is the newest addition to the tank, not the best photo, taken on my S5, but hopefully you get the idea

ai1045.photobucket.com_albums_b460_adam_barnes2_2016_03_07_2015.04.55_zpse9jlbnn0.jpg

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Lol ,My kids have been nagging me for a Cat ... I will have to show them this post.
Dave had some amazing Acro's in this week . I believe @Wrangy cleaned up?

A Barnes

Jan 29, 2016
Lol ,My kids have been nagging me for a Cat ... I will have to show them this post.
I saw some photos of mind blowing acros, literally never seen anything like them.

Thankfully this is the first, AND LAST, time my cat has done this, have 2 cats, this one is just crazy, scared the shit out of her (she fell in more than jumped, after standing on my water drum and peering into the top).

So dont let this turn you off getting a cat lol, just a shitty morning for me :dead

A Barnes

Jan 29, 2016
It looks like it was a good end to a bad day :)
Yeah. thankfully everything worked out in the end :), just need to wait and see if my acro's are all good, fingers crossed they dont get stressed a die off.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
What a day mate lol at least it's all over and didn't turn out too badly ;) I saw that piece as it went into the tank and you definitely got yourself a nice one!

The girls definitely need a cat Rob ;) lol
More than amazing, I definitely managed to clean up! Got three of the nicest pieces I've ever seen :D You definitely need to try and get round to some of the deliveries they've been absolutely unreal of late!!

E

ezza

Fantastic :) if you hold my chihuahua above the tank he starts "swimming". I don't know how more cats don't end up in tanks!

Gorgeous coral.

A Barnes

Jan 29, 2016
What a day mate lol at least it's all over and didn't turn out too badly ;) I saw that piece as it went into the tank and you definitely got yourself a nice one!

More than amazing, I definitely managed to clean up! Got three of the nicest pieces I've ever seen :D You definitely need to try and get round to some of the deliveries they've been absolutely unreal of late!!
Yeah I've been meaning to head in on a Thurs night for a while, im running out of room but I'm sure I can make room for pieces like this ;)

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Yeah I've been meaning to head in on a Thurs night for a while, im running out of room but I'm sure I can make room for pieces like this ;)
It's worth the peak hour traffic any day!! The quality at the moment is just outstanding!! If you ever see a bearded redhead come say hello and don't be shy :) I only bite a little bit ;) haha

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013

Yeah they would be fantastic now cause I cannot buy any . Very soon i will be tearing down the tank and putting everything in a holding tank.....sorry for the hijack.