Changing Aquascape

Discussion in 'New To Reefing' started by Kial, Jan 24, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Kial

Kial Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    ive had my tank up and running for around 6 months now but I’m not to keen on my aquascape. I’m looking at taking it all out this weekend and starting from scratch, have a few fish in there plus coral but I’m planning on putting these into a holding tank whilst I rearrange.
    Does anyone have any advice on doing this?
  2. slin1977

slin1977 Member

Ratings:
    +3,120
    Australia
    State:
    NSW
    Sure - that’s ok, just do it, keep a bit of live rock in the holding tank/ pond to provide nitrifying bacteria, don’t let salinity increase beyond safe levels and the same said for temperature / don’t feed the fish too.... add an airstone or good current, Be aware of coral touching each other as this will result in necrosis, good luck and may the aqua scape gods shine . The quicker the better for all mate.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Kial

Kial Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    Holding tank is all set up, matched my display and got some rock in there so I’m good to go! Just hope I can make the scape better this time
  4. slin1977

slin1977 Member

Ratings:
    +3,120
    Australia
    State:
    NSW
    Marine scaping is challenging, good luck and don’t forget to post up any progress photos.
  5. Kial

Kial Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    All done, was more challenging than I expected and was lucky to have my partner there giving me a hand. I’m 100% happy with the new scape as there is so much more space to easily place corals plus better flow.
    Didn’t get a spike in any parameter and corals and fish were happy straight away again.
    I’ve attached a before and after

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2