Reef Discussion

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Chemi-prue Elite
Hi again, I have just put this in my tank, I have been battling a pink hair problem for about a year now, no one knows what it is,with in 24 hours of putting it in the hair is all but gone and water is so clear, has anyone had luck with this product?

A Barnes

Jan 29, 2016
I've recently started using Chemi-Pure Blue in both my marine, and freshwater tanks. Stuff is incredible, from what i understand its the new version of Elite, that is to say its their most recently released product building on what they have in Elite. I have started using it to control Phos and Nitrates, along with keeping my water crystal clear, and couldn't be happier with the results.

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
I've recently started using Chemi-Pure Blue in both my marine, and freshwater tanks. Stuff is incredible, from what i understand its the new version of Elite, that is to say its their most recently released product building on what they have in Elite. I have started using it to control Phos and Nitrates, along with keeping my water crystal clear, and couldn't be happier with the results.
thanks, so the blue is even better than the elite, what is different

dimitri

Aug 15, 2015
Got my first batch of chemi pure blue this week (didn't see the point in elite since this is the new version with something extra in it), pulled the continuum phos W out and put 2 x 300g in the RSR350 reactor - I've had a few small tuffs of GHA and couldn't get my phos below 0.12 and my nitrate below 8

It's 3 days in, haven't checked the numbers yet but the GHA has released from the LR and drifted off, everything else looks great and yes, water is sparkling.

PH is stable too, so thats a good thing, some forums have reported drops in ALK because of it, so watch that and correct if it comes up.

I dumped it into the reactor and cut & used the mesh bag over the top sponge so no fines got into the tank.

So far so good, I rate it

I haven't put any in the RSR525 yet, will try that when they get more at LFS, having other issues with random fish loss over there in that tank, I think it's aggression related though - Sailfin Tang is being a bad boy..

I lost a couple of nice fish within 24hrs, really upset me.

AnywhooblesI'll pack some in there too going on how the other tanks responded.

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Got my first batch of chemi pure blue this week (didn't see the point in elite since this is the new version with something extra in it), pulled the continuum phos W out and put 2 x 300g in the RSR350 reactor - I've had a few small tuffs of GHA and couldn't get my phos below 0.12 and my nitrate below 8

It's 3 days in, haven't checked the numbers yet but the GHA has released from the LR and drifted off, everything else looks great and yes, water is sparkling.

PH is stable too, so thats a good thing, some forums have reported drops in ALK because of it, so watch that and correct if it comes up.

I dumped it into the reactor and cut & used the mesh bag over the top sponge so no fines got into the tank.

So far so good, I rate it

I haven't put any in the RSR525 yet, will try that when they get more at LFS, having other issues with random fish loss over there in that tank, I think it's aggression related though - Sailfin Tang is being a bad boy..

I lost a couple of nice fish within 24hrs, really upset me.

AnywhooblesI'll pack some in there too going on how the other tanks responded.
mine phos is down but not the nitrates yet but that hair is going thank god, can anyone ever get 0 nitrates

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
correct - has purigen equivalent in it, although not as much as I would like. So I still run a small bag of purigen in my rsm130 with it

dimitri

Aug 15, 2015
mine phos is down but not the nitrates yet but that hair is going thank god, can anyone ever get 0 nitrates

i'll do some tests today and see what the numbers come back as and post.

tanks been fairly stable for a while now so it'll be easy to tell if its had a dramatic effect.

dimitri

Aug 15, 2015
Not sure if its because I took to much algae out of the ATS or I was a bit slow in switching out the Phos Media and it was exhausted for a couple of days before I got the Chemi Pure - it had been 2 weeks since I tested last.

I'll do another test tomorrow and see if the phos is moving in any direction.

A Barnes

Jan 29, 2016
Im using both Captiv Phos W and Chemi-Pure in my reactor, just to help the Purigen in the Chemi-Pure last longer and really keep everything in control.

dimitri

Aug 15, 2015
Im using both Captiv Phos W and Chemi-Pure in my reactor, just to help the Purigen in the Chemi-Pure last longer and really keep everything in control.

just dump a handful of the balls in? doesn't matter if it all tumbles together, or keep it in a seperate bag?

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Hi another question for all you great people,I got another container of chemo-pure elite to do my small tank, which is 70lts,it said 1 bag will do up to 200lts, should i put the whole bag in or half?

A Barnes

Jan 29, 2016
Hi another question for all you great people,I got another container of chemo-pure elite to do my small tank, which is 70lts,it said 1 bag will do up to 200lts, should i put the whole bag in or half?
Put it all in, it will just last longer :D

A Barnes

Jan 29, 2016
just dump a handful of the balls in? doesn't matter if it all tumbles together, or keep it in a seperate bag?
I have around a cup in the bottom, Chemi-pure on top, just have the flow turned down to a trickle to limit tumble. The chemi pure doesn't need immense flow either from what I understand.

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
I have around a cup in the bottom, Chemi-pure on top, just have the flow turned down to a trickle to limit tumble. The chemi pure doesn't need immense flow either from what I understand.
I will be just putting the bag in sump

A Barnes

Jan 29, 2016
I will be just putting the bag in sump
Perfect :)
Chemi-pure is perfect just in the sump, you should have heaps of flow through, best spot would be in the return section, or under the inlet pipe(s) to maximise contact.

dimitri

Aug 15, 2015

i dont have an adjustable speed pump on the reactor... so my flow is kind of fast, maybe thats why my phos is slightly up..

I'll do a mix and match anyway when its change over time.

i put 2x 310g bags in my 350L, its supposed to do 275l each, hasn't had any side effects.