Tank Journal Archive

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Clownfish Laying Eggs.
I have had my clowns for just shy of two years now and they have just laid eggs! I noticed them picking at the rocks for the last few months but it wasn't until a couple of days ago they were frantically picking at one area. I thought maybe they were preparing to lay in a few weeks but I checked an hour later and here is what I saw :D

clowneggs.jpg

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
They are great to watch aren't they !!

My kids were looking at some of their Woolworths animal cards last week - they had one on clownfish and it had some information on their eggs. I told the kids to look in the tank and ... the clowns were laying eggs :)

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Well the first batch of eggs didn't even last a week, most were gone after the first night. I guess someone got hungry :rofl

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Sometimes the parents will eat the eggs - usually after a few attempts they will learn what to do.
Nothing seems to cure the post sex hunger like bacon and eggs, maybe with the lack of bacon they give up on this

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Another batch, probably twice as big as any other batch they have had. No eggs have actually managed to last long enough to hatch yet.

clowneggs090214.jpg

clowneggstop090214.jpg