News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Community Feedback
Hello everyone,

Currently, the site is very much near completion. There are a few more things to work on, but the core of the website is almost done.

We would like to hear some feedback of The Reefuge website. It has been just over a year since we started, and a lot of people invested a lot of time into this website. What do you like about it? What do you hate about it? What do you want added or changed?

We would like to see as many members provide feedback as possible. Once this is done, we will implement what we can into the core. After that, we are going to start setting up another Reefuge website aimed at another country.

Thanks.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
I have been flat out the last 2-3 weeks and not been on much, but it is looking fine, I was a bit annoyed with it being changed 'a little' each day, especially when the changes weren't 100% and needed tweaking etc even the small stuff like the logo background being the wrong colour, which really put me off the whole site, in my opinion the site should have been changed in a 'sandpit' then implemented after it was checked for flaws but, in saying that now its near complete it looks really good. It is greatly improved from what it was and you have done a great job.

I am a grumpy bloke though so noone else probably cared :P

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Almost out of beta everyone! getting close now, a lot of work has gone into customizing this forum to suit marine aquarists. months of putting in 10 hours a day on the site is paying off! (yes that is how much time i put into this community daily, almost everything has been customized to suit the end user.

The Reefuge is always Exceeding expectations please tell us how we can further push this forum to the top, we have big plans in the pipeline so everyone better hang on for the ride!

i will be needing an experienced reefer to help me with a few things if anyone is interested. it will take time but seeing the appreciation you receive is all worth it in my eyes

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I feel like with the journal update coming soon (along with 'big plans'!), would be better to get feedback then ...

I've said before how great this forum is, both in terms of members and software.

But a few points I would mention:
- Classifieds - feel this need better re-integration with the main forum as it seems they are a bit lost stuck away under 'Get Started'. Sidebar updates are a great start but might be better re-introduced to the main forum.
- Similar for the journals, though the update might help fix that?
- Not an easy one to crack, but more business activity, specials, classifieds, etc would definitely make this place more 'sticky' compared to other potential forum destinations ...

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Changes throw me a bit at first bit I soon get used to them so no complaints at all about anything. The site is so different to others that I think once people visit they stay around which is what we all need to keep things fresh.

The chat window on the main page I love, at first it was wtf is this thing doing here then I actually read what people had put up and it clicked that it is the best place for it. Just my opinion of course so anyone can feel free to disagree..................you will be wrong of course :cool:

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I was going to reply and write pretty much exactly this so thanks for making it easy for me chimaera :D
I feel like with the journal update coming soon (along with 'big plans'!), would be better to get feedback then ...

I've said before how great this forum is, both in terms of members and software.

But a few points I would mention:
- Classifieds - feel this need better re-integration with the main forum as it seems they are a bit lost stuck away under 'Get Started'. Sidebar updates are a great start but might be better re-introduced to the main forum.
- Similar for the journals, though the update might help fix that?
- Not an easy one to crack, but more business activity, specials, classifieds, etc would definitely make this place more 'sticky' compared to other potential forum destinations ...

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
I was going to reply and write pretty much exactly this so thanks for making it easy for me chimaera :D
Same here. lol

The mobile browser could do with a bit more work with the classifieds section. When using a mobile, you don't get any of the sidebar updates, so the only way to tell if anyone has posted anything in the journals and classifieds is to go through the "Getting Started" drop bar. Its only a minor thing really.

Other then that, the site is flowing great :D

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
I personally am not a fan of the "get started" bar, I like just going to the main forum page and finding my way from there. I dont find myself browsing tank journals etc as much anymore as if it doesnt pop up in the latest post section while I'm on here I just forget they are even there.

It took me ages to even find where the tank journals had gone to, and I imagine a new visitor would be the same.

Reactions: MTG

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
^^^^^ right up the top there is a "get started" quick link which has journals, classifieds etc in it

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
I haven't been around much lately but I have a similar greivance as Joshwaaaa in that when the site was updated with the new skin I was taken aback as to where I needed to go for what. I think the home page and everything is fine, just the title of that button to open the drop down (to access the forums, wiki etc.) is a little confusing and I could see new members, particularly those not very forum or computer savy being turned off by such a simple little thing. Also with the home page can you make a link with the image to each section (it first comes up with community forum with a background pic of matts rhidonculous hammer) if that makes sense