Reef Discussion

rosechaser

Jul 14, 2011
Sydney
Compare fish lists
I thought it could make quite an interesting thread for people to show there fish/invertebrate lists, maybe keep corals separate.

This could start some interesting dialogue on what people choose and what goes together.

If people keep the same format would make things easier...I'm a newbie so I should start with a wish list.
  • Tank size
  • Fish
  • Invertebrates
  • Comments

TANK
  • 1400mm x600mm x 750mm deep

FISH
  • Zebra moray eel
  • Bi colour blenny
  • Pair of yellow watchman gobies with a pistol shrimp
  • Pair of Barrier reef clowns (akindynos)
  • Flame hawkfish
  • a small group of Anthia Cooperi or Bi-colour, or Blue Chromis Cyaneus not Viridus
  • Bi colour angel fish if there's room
  • Once the tank gets established I would love 2 x Green Red Mandarin Dragonets but not enough life for them and the gobies...maybe one of each as hard to find pair of either...I love watching the gobies "work" but love the look of the Mandarin Dragonets. Both will be lots of work but worth the effort....I think.

INVERTEBRATES
  • The pistol shrimp
  • Pair of red line shrimp or CBS
  • Strombs and trochus
  • BTA down the track

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
tank is 5ft by 2.5ft by 2.5ft.

1 blue tang;
1 yellow tang;
2 bangai cardinalfish;
11 Chromis;
2 melanopus clowns;
2 ossilaris clowns;

various corals, zoos and anemones.
1 pair coral banded shrimp
20 pepermint shrimp
3 turbos
3 strombs;
3 trochus,
1 blue linkia starfish;
2 red fromia starfish

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
They are fine, both sets are captive bred and the havetheir own territories at either end of the tank. Each knows it's place

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
tank - 1000mm L x 650mm H x 450mm D

Fish -
  • 1 x emperor angel (pomacanthus imperator)
  • 1 x blue green chromis
  • 2 x common clowns (amphiron occelaris)

inverts -
  • 5 x peppermint shrimp (thanks heaps to the doc aswell, great person to deal with! AAA+++ service too. recommend to anyone to deal with chris)

fish wish list -
  • 2 x mandarin dragonettes (love these guys, trying to find a pair at a reasonable price
  • 1 x yellow tang (not to certain how this would go with the other occupants and the missus isnt as keen on them but I love the bright yellow)
  • 1 x flame angel or bi colour (not sure bout this either with the emperor) I dont really want any more than this, really the tang and flame/bicolour arent as important as the mandarins.

I think I would be happy with them as I dont want to over crowd the tank and also would prefer to keep it more of a coral tank then a fowlr tank. a coral wish list would be way to long lol. but I want to fill with mostly LPS, some softies and maybe some SPS.

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
Thanks for the complement. I have a yellow tang for sale at the moment. Was incompatable with the larger one in my tank. PM me for details