Off-Topic

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Console Gamers
what games do we play? im keen to vs some people on black ops on PS3 if anyone has it
PSN is greeny4220 add me!.
anyone else waiting for uncharted 3?

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
dont have a PS3 at the moment. maybe when I get some extra coin! got a PS2. love the resident evil series! and final fantasys!

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
theres a new resident evil game comming out to PS3. its like the first/second movie when racoon city gets taken over. looks great! cant wait. love final fantasy to. theres 13-2 comming out soon the second one of ffxiii what is a first for the final fantasys they are usualy different every time

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
awesome, when I had an xbox 360 I got myself the limited edition resident evil 5 in the tin case, I was a little dissapointed with the 5th one as it was more first person shooter than the true resident evil prequels. I am still looking for the original resident evil on playstation one, rare as though.

final fantasy is awesome, I finished the FF7 as a kid and not long after that I was broken into and my console and every game was stolen (b$&$^#ds). I managed to find FF7 again recently in mint condition, I had to buy it as a collectors item. it cost me $100 which is crazy for a playstation one game but it is one game I have always wanted again! I got FF8 on playstation one too, mint aswell! i have located FF7-2 dirge of cerebus for $10 and also FF9 for $10 too. if you are trying to get the older ones (pre FF7, like FF6.5.4.3.2.1) you can actually pick them up on ebay for around $250. which in the long run isnt cheap but you get all of them and they have hours of game play. FF7 last time I finished it took 189hrs. so you can imagine the size, ff& is over three discs. FF8 is over 4 discs!!!

love my playstation! hey, do the ps1 games play on ps3?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
i think you will upset.!! on the ps3 online ps3 store you can buy the classic final fantasys (from ps1) and they run on the ps3 love it!

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
Yeah but you cant buy the pre ff7 ones on psn...

my ps3 is covered in dust and rarely gets used I bought it to play fallout new vegas, finished it and have hardly had the time to play it in months.

I had a couple hours to myself one day last week and thought I would have a go on the ps3 then my wife rang and her hair appointment finished early and i had to go pick her up :mad: so I have played a total of 12 - 13 minutes of games in the last 6 months

kids are great, but 2 of them and the crazy menagerie of exoctic beasts under my care occupy a great deal of my time!

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
curious - anyone ever used a PS2 on a 50"ish size TV? New TV coming at weekend, but I'm not upgrading my ol' PS2 just yet. 10 games, and I've never finished any of them :P Wondering how it's gonna look

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
I have seen one used on a big hd tv... it looked ok just a little stretched out. When you play ps2 games on a ps3 they are up-scaled into hd and they look better than the originals!

What games are you still playing on ps2?

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
was just sitting in front of need for speed underground. Also really want to finish Destroy All Humans... and blade 2.. and max payne.. and max payne 2... and Evil Dead: Fist full of boomstick, because I haven't been able to finish that game since I started it in 2004 :P
Don't play it very often - actually first time in years it's been fired up - just have that bug occasionally where I like to fire it up.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
you wouldnt be disapointed with a ps3, media server, blu ray, ps3 games ps2 games. play TV, ps move ;)