Tank Journal Archive

Ziggy

Jul 6, 2015
Adelaide
Conversion From Freshwater To Marine
14 Feb 2015
So the big change has begun. Having kept freshwater for many years and a seahorse tank for a year or two, it's time to switch totally to marine. The seahorses are divine but my custom designed seahorse tank is smaller than I really want and I can't have a full reef with the ponies so I'm afraid they are being re-homed.

I'm also a dirt poor uni student again (even though I am ver very very very old :)) and so I need to keep costs down. So I'm tearing down the freshwater tank, having that drilled and then using that as my new reef tank.

The plan in brief....
The existing custom built 3 ft seahorse tank on its 6ft cupboard and 300L sump are all in great nick and less than 2 years old. I had the sump and cupboard built especially to take a 6ft tank in the future because I knew the small 3 ft seahorse tank wouldn't be my long term tank. I will sell the seahorse tank and the ponies but keep all the LR etc to seed the new tank.

Then my current 6ft freshwater tank will be emptied, drilled and slid off it's existing stand and slid onto the seahorse cupboard and then plumbed to the seahorse sump.

So step one, emptying the 6ft freshwater tank ready for drilling and transfer.
IMG_2856.jpg