Tank Journal Archive

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Copperband Saying Hello To New Addition !
HI, added an abalone today, he is small but I believe they grow quite fast and are amazing algae eaters.
Was told we wouldnt see him much as they are nocturnal but he was out and about tonight.
Copperband was a bit confused about him and was checking him out constantly.
002.JPG
003.JPG

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Love my abalone! Was out and about for the first two days, now is strictly nocturnal. In fact, he almost pre-empts lights out now, just start to see him emerge from the rock work with about 15mins of light left. My dude is huge and absolutely destroys any food left out after dark :)

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
P.S. That goni is to die for.... Let me know if you ever need to "trim" a bit of it, I'll see if we can't swap something of equal awesomeness for it :)

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
P.S. That goni is to die for.... Let me know if you ever need to "trim" a bit of it, I'll see if we can't swap something of equal awesomeness for it :)
We fragged him about 6 months ago and we have 4 new babies on the grow ! they are growing really well and of varying sizes at the moment. All opening and eating and healthy, mummy is nearly ready for another fragging shortly, probably another 2 ready to come off.
So maybe we can arrange something, just hate posting, it is such a risk !