Tank Journal Archive

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Coral Feeding & Testing Update !
HI,
Have been testing out using the Polyab Reef Roids for about 6 weeks now, along with the Seachem Trace & Plus.
2 x a week as directed and I must say the corals have responded very well indeed.
I actually don't think the corals have looked much better in the time we have had them.
I will be keeping up the feeding routine.
I have been keeping a really close check on nitrates and Phos as it was suggest that such heavy feeding may cause a problem.
I actually got excited the other day when nitrates read at almost 1 - but came to the conclusion it was the sand bed stir because the next day it was 0.00 again, and has stayed 0 since.
Phos is a little higher, but rowa is due for its 6 weekly change anyway and is running at 0.04.
Even the newbies we picked up about 3-4 weeks ago have flourished.
I also had to test out the new IPad's camera. It doesn't seem to add the blue that the IPhone does. thank goodness.

The teeny tiny clam is doing well still, has grown from about the size of a thumbnail to about 1.5 thumbnails lol
He is getting a little color now and is exactly the same pattern as the larger one in following photo.

IMG_0149.JPG

I got 3 new Goniporas this week, the picture doesn't do the middle one justice at all. Its actually a white goni with Blue specks in the flowers. its stunning to see. The larger one is just a show off, extending like that 5 mins after being put in the tank, and then of course you have the green one, as usual the most temperamental of them all.

IMG_0004.JPG

The gold tip elegance is huge, in fact almost too big and we are thinking it might go up for sale if it keeps going the way its going, but somethings got to give.

IMG_0155.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

This fluro green coral is really interesting, picked it up at a tank shut down, it doesnt extend, in fact it doesnt do anything but it looks pretty. lol

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Where are you getting the reef roids from, Lesley? Cost?
I actually bought at local lfs to try it. 2oz $39.95. 4oz $74.00 But now I know I will be using on a regular basis I will be buying from aquaristics online 4oz $59.95. Not cheap but when I consider the $$ I have invested in my corals I think it's important to keep them healthy :)