Tank Journal Archive

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
If I dig around for pics I think I could compare. As it grows sideways I'll have to take pics from above.
When I got it, it would have been the size or a Oreo now it's cd size. That's prob in 6months

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
wow so beautiful

excuse me if you've already mentioned it (link me if you have) just curious what your maintenance and dosing routine is

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
wow so beautiful

excuse me if you've already mentioned it (link me if you have) just curious what your maintenance and dosing routine is

wow so beautiful

Hey Leo.
I do 50L water change every week.
I use rowaphos in 2 little fishi reactor.
Redsea no4po3 for nitrate. 3ml a day.

Redsea calc, mag, alk powder. Tiny amounts, the powders are strong most likely going to last me 2-3 years.

I also dose
Redsea a and b amino acids 2times a week just 1drop of each. Just buy small pack of 2 for $29 they are 100mls each.
And then
Redsea colours 4x100ml bottles in drop of each every 2nd day.

Ben S

Apr 9, 2013
Point Cook
Very nice. A good credit to your husbandry.
How do you rate the Redsea? I've used Zeo in the past with success but not really seen much of the Red Sea.

Ben

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Very nice. A good credit to your husbandry.
How do you rate the Redsea? I've used Zeo in the past with success but not really seen much of the Red Sea.

Ben
The redsea no4po3 is great for nitrate but only lowers phosphate a little. My nitrate is on 0.00 so I'm doseing 3ml now instead of 4ml as I think that's too low

Bdear22

Feb 11, 2013
Newcastle
Haha ok, I've been finding it hard to know how much foundations powder to use on the container it just says a whole amount of ppm for all I'm guessing? And how come only a drop of the colours they say on them like 3ml a week for the smallest amount with 100l?

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Haha ok, I've been finding it hard to know how much foundations powder to use on the container it just says a whole amount of ppm for all I'm guessing? And how come only a drop of the colours they say on them like 3ml a week for the smallest amount with 100l?
When I started dosing I started with drops and noticed a big difference. I feel the coral colour has reached its potential... Maybe lol. I think the brands want you to run out quicker than you need.

Bdear22

Feb 11, 2013
Newcastle
Haha wow big difference from least being 3ml to a drop every 2 days, anything wrong with overdosing then? Haha I think you can get more pop! How much powder and how often do you do please