Tank Journal Archive

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Thanks ! I guess the cheap eshine chinese leds do work.
of course they do!!! i had good growth under the shitter BS led type. (mind you i allmost burnt the house down during that period :D ) nearly any light will grow coral :D just comes down to build quality, price point, features and light type!

dig the light legs those illumagic legs come up a treat!

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
of course they do!!! i had good growth under the shitter BS led type. (mind you i allmost burnt the house down during that period :D ) nearly any light will grow coral :D just comes down to build quality, price point, features and light type!

dig the light legs those illumagic legs come up a treat!
Yeah i love the legs. Thanks to Ken and Jen. I just made sure that the lights where the latest cree xpg thats all. But from my understanding cree have a new led better than xpg. Been reading about kessil though but apparently they are not great for sps. Do you have any thoughts on kessil?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Yeah i love the legs. Thanks to Ken and Jen. I just made sure that the lights where the latest cree xpg thats all. But from my understanding cree have a new led better than xpg. Been reading about kessil though but apparently they are not great for sps. Do you have any thoughts on kessil?
love the idea and design behind the kessil simple, easy to hang, direct light source, but i dont know how they would actualy go with coral as they arnt following the tried and proven methods. in saying that tho i like the design!

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
lol how much were you thinking they were?
well to be honest i thought maybe 3-4k. But i think i would only be interested in purchasing the glass not sump or cabinet. With all that said. My next tank will be star fire quality. Cade is great price but the glass has nothing on starfire or elos.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
love the idea and design behind the kessil simple, easy to hang, direct light source, but i dont know how they would actualy go with coral as they arnt following the tried and proven methods. in saying that tho i like the design!
yeah i agree, When in ny I will check them out in Manhattan aquarium. They have them on all tanks.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
p.s. ill be more than happy to buy some frags off you if you ever decide to? i really love that monti