Tank Journal Archive

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
I use the ecotech one but the glue is sooo inconsistent. Sometimes i get a good batch. This batch is shit. Not buying it again.
i found similar results. first batch was super strong and set realy quick second batch still sets and holds but takes alot longer!

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
@JimmyDang has a brand he uses and swears by it can't remember the name off the top of my head
Yeah I use ocean wonders gel superglue. I've found it to be the best for all purposes.. Especially for my frags and sticking corals to the rock work. I've glued a 6 head small football sized hammer to my rock work without a problem.

And also it's cost like $10.. Might not contain as much glue as the ecotech one but it does last me a while and I don't have to use a much glue compared to the ecotech brand to glue down corals or frags.

Ben S

Apr 9, 2013
Point Cook
ZeoZym. Some of the best stuff I've ever used. It's super charges zeozym (can be used with other brands) and is great when you mix it with CV and AAHC etc. It acts as a carrier for them.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
I like the zeozym. Trying out mixing it with zeo bac. I stop dosing redsea NoPo and no have a little patch of cyno on a rock. Hopefully it doesn't spread
ZeoZym. Some of the best stuff I've ever used. It's super charges zeozym (can be used with other brands) and is great when you mix it with CV and AAHC etc. It acts as a carrier for them.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
I like the zeozym. Trying out mixing it with zeo bac. I stop dosing redsea NoPo and no have a little patch of cyno on a rock. Hopefully it doesn't spread
Be careful I don't think you can just stop, I believe you need to phase it out properly otherwise it can cause a serious crash @NiCd

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
ok thanks. I have already started using zeostart3 which is a carbon source, so I've kinda just changed brands rather than stopped all together.
yeah cool i noticed that, just dont want you to have any issues cos of it. i know the redsea is like turps compared to the start3 lol so it might still give you a bit of backlash, im sure i dont need to tell you to keep an eye on it, you're doing so well compared to myself lol

any new plans for the tank, adding anything? or is it now ready for growing out?