Reef Discussion

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
Coral Suppliments
ok, was going to post this on another thread but dont want to hijack.

I am looking at assiting my corals get what they need, all lps.

I currently have reef roids and 100% reef safe amino's but not really sure how often I am to dose etc.

So, my question is what should I be using and how often? Trying to use something that wont cause a crash if I dont do it like if I go away or something.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
I don't believe zeo supps (that help with colour) will cause a crash if you miss a few.

But have a look at the brightwell range of gear. Replenish, restore and koralcolor :)

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
I was talking about some if the other supps like lps amino, spong power, coral vitaliser, Phols extra etc but better off other people who use those supps. I use start,bak and food7

Look on kandj's website for the brightwell stuff.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
No idea if this is recommended, but I does Brightwell Replenish and Restore once every few days (or whenever I remember really), KoralColor tiny dose every day on the dosing pump, ReefRoids very occasionally when I feed the gonis in the other tank (maybe once per week in the main tank), 100% Reef Safe acids roughly once per week.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
looking at getting the below:
Brightwell Aquatics Reef Snow

Brightwell Aquatics KoralColor

Brightwell Aquatics Mirovore

Brightwell Aquatics Restor

Brightwell Aquatics Replenish

Brightwell Aquatics Angleixir

Brightewell Aquatics Macrovore

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
get zeovit lps amino, its what i got the best results with. oh and sponge power is great!

Just started lurking again actually, Not exactly up to date with 12 months out of the industry tho. But from the list yo posted id say your going well over the top with 8-9 different suppliments. KISS

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
in saying that the coral foods have a smell of vinagar in them thus meaning they are carbon dosing

Just started lurking again actually, Not exactly up to date with 12 months out of the industry tho. But from the list yo posted i.d say your going well over the top with 8-9 different suppliments. KISS
for LPS yes for SPS hell no :D

going from multiple zeo supplements to almost no supplements i noticed barley any change in the LPS, LPS doesn't need any supplementing really just decent water quality and a little phosphate

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Sorry not familair with his tank, is he allready using zeovit or something? Someone Cliff me lol
nah no zeo and its a LPS tank. i only recommend a few light supps , sponge power keeps the water cleaner and boosts the sponge population rapidly and lps amino brings out the lps colours a little more :D

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
Already dosing aminos though mate. Going to research into what I want to do but seeings as every time I hear about Zeo and crashes everyone has a different input about crashing and having massive algae outbreaks when they stop using it etc. really puts me off it and I am not really considering it at this point.

You also said in the other thread that stopping dosing sponge power causes a tank crash?