Reef Discussion

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Already dosing aminos though mate. Going to research into what I want to do but seeings as every time I hear about Zeo and crashes everyone has a different input about crashing and having massive algae outbreaks when they stop using it etc. really puts me off it and I am not really considering it at this point.

You also said in the other thread that stopping dosing sponge power causes a tank crash?
yeah i was dosing hard core levels of sponge power/coral vit/and lps amino for a 100L tank.
recommended dosing on the lps amino was like 1ml per 100L i was dosing 6ML pushing everything to its max to see what i could achieve i didn't realy have issues untill i backed off

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
zeo lps amino is a clear liquid, no sign of anything like the AA's you use. smells like a hint of vinegar

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
looking at getting the below:
Brightwell Aquatics Reef Snow

Brightwell Aquatics KoralColor

Brightwell Aquatics Mirovore

Brightwell Aquatics Restor

Brightwell Aquatics Replenish

Brightwell Aquatics Angleixir

Brightewell Aquatics Macrovore
I have the Reef Snow too now I think about it, but I don't use that very often ...

The Angelixir looks good haven't come across that one, but I assume performs a similar role to the amino acids already going in?

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
looking at getting the below:
Brightwell Aquatics Reef Snow

Brightwell Aquatics KoralColor

Brightwell Aquatics Mirovore

Brightwell Aquatics Restor

Brightwell Aquatics Replenish

Brightwell Aquatics Angleixir

Brightewell Aquatics Macrovore
Out of these I would only be looking at Replenish.
Trying to fill every niche with the Brightwell range isn't that feasible, since one you'd end up with 30 products and two you could contradict what your trying to acheive.
ReefSnow, Microvore and Macrovore are all coral food supps, just using different sized plankton.
KoralColor and Replenish are trace and minor element supps
Restor is an amino type supp for corals while Angelixir is an amino type supp for fish and inverts.

I use B/W on my tank an only use Liquid Reef, Replenish and normally Zooplanktos in -M or -L size (mostly LPS in my tank). I agree with Mitchell in keeping it simple. Find out what each product does, and create your own supplement range to suit your needs and what your trying to achieve :)

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
ok, was going to post this on another thread but dont want to hijack.

I am looking at assiting my corals get what they need, all lps.

I currently have reef roids and 100% reef safe amino's but not really sure how often I am to dose etc.

So, my question is what should I be using and how often? Trying to use something that wont cause a crash if I dont do it like if I go away or something.
And my opinion to answer your first post @aussieant32. Again I would go with Replenish. KoralColor IME is aimed more towards SPS, high metablism corals (Acros, Montis etc.).
For your amino supps I would stick with 100% Reef Safe, especially if you have not seen anything in your corals that would suggest stopping dosing or swapping brands, and ReefRoids for your food supps, along with whatever your dosing for calcium supplementation ;)

Out of these I would only be looking at Replenish.
Trying to fill every niche with the Brightwell range isn't that feasible, since one you'd end up with 30 products and two you could contradict what your trying to acheive.
ReefSnow, Microvore and Macrovore are all coral food supps, just using different sized plankton.
KoralColor and Replenish are trace and minor element supps
Restor is an amino type supp for corals while Angelixir is an amino type supp for fish and inverts.

I use B/W on my tank an only use Liquid Reef, Replenish and normally Zooplanktos in -M or -L size (mostly LPS in my tank). I agree with Mitchell in keeping it simple. Find out what each product does, and create your own supplement range to suit your needs and what your trying to achieve :)

Thanks Bredore, ive been out all day

Scottrotton

HTTPS://REEF.EXCHANGE
Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
its funny i stumbled on this, I was using zeostart 3 for a while then thought I didn't need it, so stopped dosing and had a reg algae outbreak, started dosing again and its gone. looks like im locked in. its not too bad tough cost $60 and has lasted me over 2 months so far.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
its funny i stumbled on this, I was using zeostart 3 for a while then thought I didn't need it, so stopped dosing and had a reg algae outbreak, started dosing again and its gone. looks like im locked in. its not too bad tough cost $60 and has lasted me over 2 months so far.
You can't just stop carbon dosing make sure you do it slowly!!! :rolleyes:

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
It's a carbon based food source not actual carbon =D, to be used in conjunction with a bacteria Eg zeo bac,