Tank Journal Archive

riley

Apr 25, 2013
GYMEA BAY
Coral Transfer / Clownfish
made a few changes to my tank. its no longer bare of fish and coral :P

after realising how much rock with coral on it ill be transferring i don't think it will be very minimalist any more lol

additions are 2 occy clowns that i picked up over the weekend

and some of my couldn't kill even if i tried coral.

20141116_183708.jpg

20141116_183735.jpg

20141116_183827.jpg

however not all good news :( 1 of the clown fish have developed cloudy eye in his right eye. i looked at there eye's when i got them i dont think he had it when purchased but not 100% sure. i dont think he can see out of it ether as when i put my hand up to the glass the other 1 runs away and he just stay there. but if facing the other way he reacts the same as the other 1. showing no signs of parasites or similar. looks very healthy and eats regularly.

im thinking its from been netted. i think my water quality is fine and there is no other tank mates to bully him.

gravity = 1.023
ammonia = 0 the blue plastic box idk the brand name.
nitrite = 0 sal
nitrate = 4ppm Sal and redsea.
phos = .04ppm hanna

want should i do to fit the problem if not blind already, never had this problem before. i am worried that it is a sign of a secondary infection?

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
I really like that you used the black subtrate. Is it the Aragalive Hawaiian Black?
That's what I have in my Cade and I love it. It stays so clean and doesn't get as dirty as sand. Although you have to really careful - it scratches sooooo easily.
Mine has accumulated of lots of critters that keep things tidy.
Are you happy with it?

riley

Apr 25, 2013
GYMEA BAY
yea i really like it. the black really brings out the colours in the corals. i think white sand reflects to much, which is good to keep the underside of the coral healthy but i think it washes out the corals way to much.

cant remember the brand of sand. I've got the package at home if you would like to know. having a problem getting the sand to stay with my jabeo on its lowest setting... mite need to reduce the voltage.

yea really starting to like the cade. the return is still quite load ill be making changes to the in a few weeks.