Tank Journal Archive

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Day 1 - Brilliant
What a great day, pulled the Cade down and got all the rocks and corals across into the new tank.
A huge thank you to @somethingfishy76 for all his help this morning - could not have done it so smoothly without him.
The tank looks pretty shmick if I do say so. We were both amazed at the amount of corals that came out of the Cade, filled the new tank nicely. But there is now some nice spots left to go coral shopping for Hmmm.
Within an hour or two everything was opening beautifully, it was like finally they had some space to breath.
Got straight into the Trace and Plus, can't do without those.
Just got the flame angel and one lonely chromis, not looking to stock up until after it all gets moved into the new apartment in about 4-5 months.
The clowns went to Atlas to sell on, which was really good of them.
The buyer for the Cade just left with everything. It was really funny because he had bought a reactor off me about 6 months ago and had seen the Cade and loved it - now he owns it. Small world.
He also loved the new tank (took photos) maybe he'll be the next owner Hah.
I'm a very happy little reefer at the moment. :D.

IMG_1039.JPG

The green tree in the middle will stand up shortly - he's just a little pissed off.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
We managed to put the whole scape together with not 1 drop of glue. Everything locks in together really well. It took a fair bit of time choosing the right rocks but worth it.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
More than welcome :)

Although I'm not sure you Queenslanders would be handle the cooler weather we are experiencing at the moment :rolleyes
Pfft, y'all don't know what cool is, lol. It'll be in the -10 to -15 here in 2 months with shitgobs of snow. The Farmer's Almanac is saying the snowiest winter on record. BRB, moving to Aus for the winter. The last time they said this, we ended up with 4 metres of snow in 11 weeks! :dead

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
I know what cool is, my wife is from Winnipeg, I've been there a couple of times at Xmas, 35 below then there was the wind chill factor. o_0
I lived in Vancouver for 9 years, not quite as cold but it had its moments.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Nice to just chill from the 9 till 5 . That's the reason I run a fish tank.
Yes it's a great escape from the real world even though most of my escape ism envolves a hand in the tank.
Enjoy that red.... For once the tank takes shape your hand will be tinkering in the sump or tank.... All the best with your creation.

JonoD

Mar 3, 2015
What do you think of the maxpect razor? I'm thinking of getting one for my tank.