December Update

Discussion in 'Nano Reef Tanks' started by daveH, Dec 7, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. daveH

daveH Team Leader

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,249
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    I'll have to start doing updates every 2 months - 1 month rolls around too quick.
    Tank is officially 1 year old and in great condition, nothing much has changed. The hammer that seems to be on the way out is still just hanging in there. I don't have the heart to remove it it isn't causing any ill effects to the hammers around it so I'll let it peacefully pass away when it's ready.
    Love the new Jebao dosing pump, finally got the dosing correct for everything. Nice to be dosing in mls, it just seems way more accurate.
    Birthday boy today!!! Whoopee.
    I got some LFS store credit :), a bottle of my favourite champagne (chilling as I speak) :D a brilliant Thai lunch with my friends :D and a present from the government, my Seniors Card :(.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Love It! Love It! x 3
    • Cheers! Cheers! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Wrangy

Wrangy Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,011
    Australia
    State:
    Victoria
    Awesome to hear the tank is coming along well :D I'd love to hear your thoughts of the Jebao once you've had it for a while :)

Happy Birthday mate! :) Think of the bonus though, you can get the $15 roast lunch at the pubs now :p haha
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ben Broadfoot

Ben Broadfoot Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Australia
    State:
    NSW
    Happy birthday for yesterday @daveH!

Are you worried about your dying hammer taking out those around it? Is it dying from disease?
  4. daveH

daveH Team Leader

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,249
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    Thanks for the birthday wishes mate.
    No, I'm not worried about the other hammers, although I am keeping a very close eye on them all.

Apparently hammers can be healthy for ages and then just start to slowly recede, I figure they must have some sort of life cycle.
    Others have had the same situation happen.

See, he looks quite good this morning, just very slowly getting a bit smaller.

hammer.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014