Off-Topic

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I'd be curious to know which online retailer you're referring to MagicJ
That kind of thing shouldn't happen any more - the underlying systems are designed to work better than that. Sadly, they get cocked up by incompetent half wits on shit wages that hate their "IT" jobs because they spend most of their time picking stock from shelves and packing boxes. A handful of more mature full time staff that can be across order issues would normally go a long way to providing better customer service.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
what parts did you end up getting? should have used pc case gear!

1 x ASRock Z77 Pro4 Intel Mainboard - LGA 1155

1 x G.SKILL DDR3 8GB (2X4GB) PC-12800/1600 F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL Ram

1 x Intel CPU Core i5 3570K - LGA 1155

1 x Corsair 120GB Force Series 3 SSD

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I'd be curious to know which online retailer you're referring to MagicJ
That kind of thing shouldn't happen any more - the underlying systems are designed to work better than that. Sadly, they get cocked up by incompetent half wits on shit wages that hate their "IT" jobs because they spend most of their time picking stock from shelves and packing boxes. A handful of more mature full time staff that can be across order issues would normally go a long way to providing better customer service.
Once I am satisfied that everything is received, and working, I have no problem in naming the retailer. I have a suspicion that they have been stuffing me around because I questioned their business practices early on ;)

Totally agree with your comments but they have lost me as a customer, not that they would care.

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
I am beyond caring at this stage :rage
I know exactly how you feel. lmfao
I was feeling the same a month or 2 back before I got my latest GPU (Radeon HD7950). I was given a brand new HD7770 OC which I was having constant driver problems with a month prior so I was pulling my hair out, just wanting to get this damn comp cranking properly.
I think MTG was getting sick of me humming and harring and picking his brains over which graph card to get lol.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
No need for a PM as everything I have stated here is factual and can be backed up by email correspondance.

Centrecom.com.au

I will just add that my experience may not representative of their normal business practices.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
No need for a PM as everything I have stated here is factual and can be backed up by email correspondance.

Centrecom.com.au

I will just add that my experience may not representative of their normal business practices.
Thats OK, I don't have an account with those guys. lol

Hopefully what you're received is all what you want and in good order.

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
1 thing I did learn while shopping with them, is that any stuff that gets RMA, gets written up as a return to stock, so the stock levels on their site isn't always correct.

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
MagicJ if you ever need anything have a look at cpl.net.au

They are 5 mins down the road from work. I can buy it and post it to you if you like.

Reactions: MTG

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Thanks macca_75 - I have purchased from CPL on a number of occasions but I totally forgot about them this time :rolleyes

BTW, the fact that I am posting this tends to suggest that I have got something working:D

Time for bed now with a few more drivers and programs to install tomorrow night.

BTW, where does everyone locate their SSD's?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
i double sided tape mine to where ever i can :P doesent matter if they are vertical and they put out no heat!