Reef Discussion

grimnir

Aug 12, 2013
Parkinson
*subscribed* been reading this thread over the past month.
Looking into building / having built for me one of these controllers for my next tank.
I also have access to a 3D printer, if you can CAD up a box to house it all can get pricing for printing them

89delta

Nov 20, 2013
Great thread MajicJ. Have been googling ways to do coral acclimation via the controller. I'm using the updated stilo code and was wondering if you've made any progress with your code. The main feature i'd like to take a look at is the coding for the acclimation part of it to see how you coded it so that i could possibly transfer it over to mine.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Hi @89delta and :welcome

That is the last bit of the code I need to finish off ... it should only be a few weeks away.

This is the plan in pseudo code

- user selects a time period and lighting reduction required e.g. 20 days and 60%
- percentage adjustment required each day is calculated e.g. 60/20 = 3% per day
- on day 1 the light levels are reduced by the required amount e.g. 60%
- at midnight, the required adjustment is reassessed e.g. day 2 will will be 57%
- a counter is maintained until it reaches zero
- the daily adjustment is updated if the variables are changed prior to the acclimation period ending

One thing that slowed this down was a request to have the acclimation only apply to selected LED channels :rolleyes - this is a valid request as some people may be using the controller over multiple tanks or may be using a channel for their sump light or moon lights for example. Not sure if this will be in the initial public offering but it is something I will be looking at.

Cheers

89delta

Nov 20, 2013
Hi @89delta and :welcome

That is the last bit of the code I need to finish off ... it should only be a few weeks away.

This is the plan in pseudo code

- user selects a time period and lighting reduction required e.g. 20 days and 60%
- percentage adjustment required each day is calculated e.g. 60/20 = 3% per day
- on day 1 the light levels are reduced by the required amount e.g. 60%
- at midnight, the required adjustment is reassessed e.g. day 2 will will be 57%
- a counter is maintained until it reaches zero
- the daily adjustment is updated if the variables are changed prior to the acclimation period ending

One thing that slowed this down was a request to have the acclimation only apply to selected LED channels :rolleyes - this is a valid request as some people may be using the controller over multiple tanks or may be using a channel for their sump light or moon lights for example. Not sure if this will be in the initial public offering but it is something I will be looking at.

Cheers
Very nice MagicJ and thank you for the welcome. Reason I asked is that i'm using a typhon controller and would love to add the acclimation feature into it. I just don't know where to start when it comes to something like this. I've seen a few examples using millis for the timer but not sure how to implement it into the Void SetLed(); portion of the code.But will be looking forward to the day you do make it public so I can learn from that portion of your coding.