Reef Discussion

ifyalucky

Jul 15, 2011
diy sump
Ok as from my other thread you can tell i m building a new setup now i need to work out how i m going to build my sump i have a 3x1.5x1.5 that i m going to use if boy one has a pic of there sump please post for me to get ideas or link to some i can look at. Cheers shaun

marineclass

Jul 12, 2011
Gold Coast
yea i like seeing people sump ideas too - I would post if i had one but im in the process of adding one now so id be keen to see what people have done. Especially with mangroves - any body used mangroves in their fuge before?

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Here's mine :)

ai538.photobucket.com_albums_ff341_ShaneJ05_P1070313.jpg

One good thing I did (and it actually works!!) is to have the left hand bubble trap wide enough to fit the heaters - this is a great spot as all of the water going through the sump has to pass the heaters.

marineclass

Jul 12, 2011
Gold Coast
i was going to say...where are all the bottles and accessories? haha...im glad you said that, because mine doesnt look nearly as neat and it doesnt even have a sump!

ifyalucky

Jul 15, 2011
that sump looks great only has a small amount of rock there alot diff to alot that i have seen any more that we can load up for ideas please

ifyalucky

Jul 15, 2011
ok some nice looking sump there some guys!! ok how long after silcone is put on can it have salt water put in it with out eftecting the water

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
I would let the silicone cure for a few days at least, it is usually touchable after a few hours but isnt completely cured for something like 3-7 days depending on brand.