News

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
I would donate for sure. The only thing with your 'packages' The Reefuge is that members donations could vary monthly. I like the idea of advertisers for LFS' however the issue I see here is that the LFS' who will become advertisers will be mostly metro shops. Smaller towns wouldn't benefit in any way to pay a sum to advertise here if it's only getting a few extra people in the door to spend money with them, they'd still stick to newspaper adverts, radio, TV etc.. Maybe you could have a tick box or something that allows members to either remain anonymous or post their name?

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
I was thinking more on the lines of places that do online orders with nationwide shipping, otherwise its realy no use haveing a LFS from QLD offer some great deals to members, and us people from other states miss out entirely

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi guys,

I set up the packages to donate. There are two main options with donating. Users can either select a monthly donation which will be transfered from their account automatically each month, or they can pay a "once off" donation to the site. If they choose to donate more or less the next month, it is entirely up to the user. The maximum a user can donate at this point is $20 per month.

There are smaller options available such as the user having a user title "Donating User" or be left blank. It is up to the user to decide when they donate.

Here is the page, where you can donate for now. http://www.thereefuge.com/account/upgrades

It currently only accepts Paypal, but I think this is a good start. I will make an official thread once we have talked this over a little bit more, but I would like some feedback. I think maxing it at $20 is fair, as I would not want anyone donating more to the site.

I would just like to say a big thank you to the community for showing support for this site. This will allow site growth at a rapid rate, and great prizes for competitions.

Thanks.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Wow think the class thing was a tad misunderstood lol

Reefuge with your paypal system if we went the reoccuring payment method will it automaticly draw from the cc option of paypal? They have a tendency to default the debt account instead of the credit card which really sucks if there is no money in there :mad: .

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Will there be an ability to transfer funds to an account in the future. I don't have paypal.

Ta :).
Hi parrdog,

At this point in time no. Right now I would prefer it to go through a service such as paypal. In the future there may be that option. Thanks for wanting to donate anyway :) That is really great of you :)

Wow think the class thing was a tad misunderstood lol

Reefuge with your paypal system if we went the reoccuring payment method will it automaticly draw from the cc option of paypal? They have a tendency to default the debt account instead of the credit card which really sucks if there is no money in there :mad: .
Hi Sarg,

That depends on how you have set up your paypal account. You will have something in there that states which account it "should" come out. I can't help with that, as it is a service at paypals end.

Thanks again for taking interest in donating. You guys are great :)

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Well I for one would like to thank you Reefuge, as it seams without you this forum would never have been in the first place, takeing money out of your own pocket to pay for the fees. I would like to give you a big round of applause
Cheers
Hi mscott,

No thanks are needed. Websites are my hobby. I enjoy them as much as you guys like working on your aquariums. So no thanks is necessary.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.