Tank Journal Archive

Schnecke

Jul 4, 2013
Albury/Wodonga
Dosing Pump Has Landed
A friend of my brothers who had to sell his equipment never got to even install his Kamoer Dosing Pump - So I was lucky enough to get it for half it's retail price (and thankfully, it was as far as my purse could stretch)

awww.use.com_images_s_2_034c455162991f765e83.jpg

And as I don't have a huge space and won't be dosing large amounts, 500ml dosing containers (cosmetic grade PET bottles) labelled up quite nicely!

I hand measured each marker per 100mls.

awww.use.com_images_s_2_3600881fa371aed1b2bf.jpg

Schnecke

Jul 4, 2013
Albury/Wodonga
I will need to relocate the Power supply for the light, so the dosing pump can go in that spot - the bottles will sit on a tray below that, to the right above the return.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
A friend of my brothers who had to sell his equipment never got to even install his Kamoer Dosing Pump - So I was lucky enough to get it for half it's retail price (and thankfully, it was as far as my purse could stretch)

View attachment 48097

And as I don't have a huge space and won't be dosing large amounts, 500ml dosing containers (cosmetic grade PET bottles) labelled up quite nicely!

I hand measured each marker per 100mls.

View attachment 48098
Nice! Where did you get the bottles from?

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
God you look so organized, i though my husband was a perfectionist. lol. Looking very professional . I just started using mine abut 3 months ago, best thing I ever did, love it. The thought terrified me for over a year, trying to work out how much how often, but with some great help on here , my numbers have never been better.Good luck.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I bought one of the first Kamoer dosing pumps when they first came into Australia - it has now been running 24/7 for 4+ years with no issues.

I see calcium and alk - what about magnesium?

Schnecke

Jul 4, 2013
Albury/Wodonga
I bought one of the first Kamoer dosing pumps when they first came into Australia - it has now been running 24/7 for 4+ years with no issues.

I see calcium and alk - what about magnesium?
i read the reviews and jumped on it when I found out it was available.

I actually have 6 labelled bottles in total (one for mag as well) and to be honest, having no experience with dosing pumps before and pretty stable levels with water changes, I will only start. With a food for the tank (as I do that daily by hand) and calcium only drops by 20ppm over a week (no sps just a clam) but the point is to set it up to be able to successfully have sps right from the get go.

I will start a thread about dosing and pop up all my params etc.

Schnecke

Jul 4, 2013
Albury/Wodonga
God you look so organized, i though my husband was a perfectionist. lol. Looking very professional . I just started using mine abut 3 months ago, best thing I ever did, love it. The thought terrified me for over a year, trying to work out how much how often, but with some great help on here , my numbers have never been better.Good luck.
Thank you, yes I like things to look very neat.

You have a very impressive set up, yes I'm nervous about it too but will ask lots of questions before it gets turned on.

I do 10% weekly water changes (lol, a bucket) so that keeps levels pretty in check, but I'm in the process of updating my test kits as they run out (I started with cheap kits but am slowly upgrading as I can afford to) so once they arrive I can get more into the nitty gritty of knowing what I have to dose, when.

I'll start a thread with all that info some time over the next few weeks :)

Last edited:

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
"That" Auction site. Nothing I could find in any online reef store was small enough. They were only $15 for 6 including postage. I'm really happy with them :)
I'll have another look, I've searched before and come up with nothing. So I'm currently using Pump water bottles, not quite as slick.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I have been using mine for 3 years now with no problems.
The only thing I can't figure out is how to actually stop a head from dosing. It won't let me set it to 0ml. I have high calcium so I want to turn off the calcium head until it lowers.