Reef Discussion

potatocouch

Jan 16, 2014
Sydney
Dosing Pump Is Not Cheap Ay
The cheapest 4 channels I think is Jebao and heard lots of poor review about it ... in terms of its accuracy in delivering accurate dose.

The tendency is it overdose and I don't want that ... it's so scary to come home and find the tank water is fully saturated with liquids of Mg, Ca, Alk and NoPox.

From memory, I did my research, Jebao DP-4 cost around $190 AUD delivered from fish street.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Kamoer is the best bang for buck doser you will get. Simply because it's the cheapest you can get while still being an absolute rock solid doser, mine ran just about 3 without a single hitch! I upgraded to a Pacific Sun Kore 5th doser instead though and love that to bits! GHL also make killer dosers too.

Go kamoer if you want the cheapest. Don't bother with anything else

bimbo

Oct 7, 2014
Newcastle
ive got a pac sun, does what it should and plenty of features i dont use yet. also has a built in auto top up

Tom H

Jan 3, 2016
Gisborne
I think I can live without a dosing pump for a bit longer, but when I do go down that track I'm looking at a Kamoer F05X. Mainly because I'm interested in the auto water change feature but can't justify the cost of a litermeter or stenner pump.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I think I can live without a dosing pump for a bit longer, but when I do go down that track I'm looking at a Kamoer F05X. Mainly because I'm interested in the auto water change feature but can't justify the cost of a litermeter or stenner pump.
I might be missing out but prefer to be without a dosing pump in favour of calcium reactor.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
+1 for the Kamoer

I brought a spare master and slave about 5 years back because Im in so much trouble when they break down and my originals have still yet to miss a beat.

The Alk head has pushed through nearly 500l and when I did a calbration on it has only shifted 6% after all that time