Tank Journal Archive

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
yes, like any fish (even the most peaceful species), it they have time to establish territories (3 weeks is ample time) they will defend these areas against most other fish. However, for a damsel, these acts of aggression are very low key.

TheJordans

Mar 29, 2013
Sunbury
Are they aggressive/excitable feeders, Doc? We don't have the Reef tank set up (prob won't be a looong time now!! lol) but they could add some colour to the Pony tank. We have Orchid Dottybacks in with the pony's and they get along fine, although their tendency to dash into the food bowl and out again stirring up the food is kind of annoying lol
Are they much the same?

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
here is a short video of the Talbot's feeding. They generally take small pieces from the water-column, so wouldn't expect that they would worry much in terms of being overly aggressive feeders.

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
for those that are not familiar with Pulse Coral (aka Pulsing Xenia), I thought that I would post a video of the soft coral pulsing during the night (under the moon lights).

TheJordans

Mar 29, 2013
Sunbury
for those that are not familiar with Pulse Coral (aka Pulsing Xenia), I thought that I would post a video of the soft coral pulsing during the night (under the moon lights).

The embedded one isn't working for me but I looked it up on YouTube - looks pretty cool!! ... Then I started looking at your other vids! OMG I love the itty bitty maroon clowns in their itty-bitty nem-nem :D I think we need to employ you to be our "Tank Advisor" :D I just love your work!! Great job/s!!!

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
The embedded one isn't working for me but I looked it up on YouTube - looks pretty cool!! ... Then I started looking at your other vids! OMG I love the itty bitty maroon clowns in their itty-bitty nem-nem :D I think we need to employ you to be our "Tank Advisor" :D I just love your work!! Great job/s!!!
many thanks for the feedback, it is always appreciated. Always happy to help others in any way that I can. :-)