Tank Journal Archive

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Dry Goods From The States!
Hey guys, I've been running the tank.. Solely on live rock as biological filtration and my skimmer as a means of mechanical filtration. It's all be going well but myself being very OCD.. I'm going to run extra filtration through an aquaclear hang on mini 20 filter which I've put an order for already. I'm not happy with the water clarity so my aim is to really polish the water.. And also help make sure nay nutrients do stay low.

I've also had to order some stuff which will be needed make the hang on as efficient as it can be. I've ordered the intank media basket off intank along with a years worth of chemi pure elite mini. I'll also be running the poly filter that's included for free with the order to filter out the chunkier particles or any detritus Etc,

Hopefully this approach will work out. :)

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Looking forward to seeing it jimmt
Yeah I'm stoked, I was gonna run the largest one of this nano.. But it all added up to be quite expensive.. As I preferred the skimmer..

But having the smallest unit with the mechanical filtration is way more than enough.. As I've used chemi pure elite before on my cade and had great results.

:)

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
How and where do u place the chemi pure? In the sump- near the return pump???
When you change the stock filter catridge from the hang on aqua clear with the in tank.. it transforms it into a very effective mechanical filter.. first partition runs filter wool or poly filter than theres two bigger sections which is divided into two.. run the chemi pure eleite on the bottom layer and something else on the top layer.