Off-Topic

Kharn

Dec 24, 2011
Brisbane
Utter madness...(the 1st video is just crazy, 2nd video of the little girl is sad but she has NO IDEA what she is singing she is just going off the expressions of others which would all be happy/laughter, it's the parents fault).

Religion is a touchy subject these days...it seems we may be going backwards in time....

I put no faith into religion. The word "religion" has made the lunacy of fanatics in every corner of the world and there words be called 'the will of god'.... 'Holyness' is in personification, and courage on behalf of the ones who cannot personify themselves, and being an all round good person.

What 'God' wants is not here.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Utter madness...(the 1st video is just crazy, 2nd video of the little girl is sad but she has NO IDEA what she is singing she is just going off the expressions of others which would all be happy/laughter, it's the parents fault).

Religion is a touchy subject these days...it seems we may be going backwards in time....

I put no faith into religion. The word "religion" has made the lunacy of fanatics in every corner of the world and there words be called 'the will of god'.... 'Holyness' is in personification, and courage on behalf of the ones who cannot personify themselves, and being an all round good person.

What 'God' wants is not here.
It seems to me that as people find times harder to cope with mentally, they insist on going further down the lunacy path in some hope that it scores them some brownie points with their relevant deity - as they seem to place more emphasis on appeasing said deity; a concept they call love and faith, what they're doing is actually expressing more fear and less ability to cope mentally with reality.
So, when you get the really scared types, a la Westboro Baptist cocksuckers, they are so far down the "loving God" (scared shitless of pissing off their deity because they hope he has the power to destroy everything they hate about reality - which seems to be everything other than themselves), that they have become patently fucking nuts.

I tend to throw islamic extremists into the same boat - they are so mentally and psychologically incapable of dealing with reality that not only do they need to have some kind of faith in there being something better, they need to help bring about whatever cataclysmic event that they believe is going to make it happen because they're so utterly sick of reality.

Sadly as times become harder - and that might be by way of climatic change (the weather does a lot of bad things after all), by way of further societal change (increased acceptance of alternative lifestyles - gays, transgender, alternative belief structures, and so on), increased living costs, job shortages, higher taxes and so on and so forth.... we're likely to find that the number of nut cases will increase dramatically. The increased stress upon people may very well increase the depth of their "faith" and that is where things can get dangerous.
The closer adherents of those beliefs get to thinking the end of the world is neigh, the worse it will get (cause and effect is of great concern here....).

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
It seems to me that as people find times harder to cope with mentally, they insist on going further down the lunacy path in some hope that it scores them some brownie points with their relevant deity - as they seem to place more emphasis on appeasing said deity; a concept they call love and faith, what they're doing is actually expressing more fear and less ability to cope mentally with reality.
So, when you get the really scared types, a la Westboro Baptist cocksuckers, they are so far down the "loving God" (scared shitless of pissing off their deity because they hope he has the power to destroy everything they hate about reality - which seems to be everything other than themselves), that they have become patently fucking nuts.

I tend to throw islamic extremists into the same boat - they are so mentally and psychologically incapable of dealing with reality that not only do they need to have some kind of faith in there being something better, they need to help bring about whatever cataclysmic event that they believe is going to make it happen because they're so utterly sick of reality.

Sadly as times become harder - and that might be by way of climatic change (the weather does a lot of bad things after all), by way of further societal change (increased acceptance of alternative lifestyles - gays, transgender, alternative belief structures, and so on), increased living costs, job shortages, higher taxes and so on and so forth.... we're likely to find that the number of nut cases will increase dramatically. The increased stress upon people may very well increase the depth of their "faith" and that is where things can get dangerous.
The closer adherents of those beliefs get to thinking the end of the world is neigh, the worse it will get (cause and effect is of great concern here....).

Yep. Nailed it.

Dynamic

Radio Host
Jul 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Just to add some fuel to the fire.....

In all fairness Tyra was acting like a stupid bitch (as usual).

"I am not going to fight with you on my show", etc. She asks her a question, she begins to answer, Tyra cuts her off and then yells at her for answering her question. What the hell was the point on bringing her on the show? I think they should get a smarter person to do the interviews, because Phelps is smarter than the interviewer here, and Phelps is a psycho bitch.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I'd so love that psycho bitch to get up in my face. If I was in Kansas, I'd be picketing their picketing for the sake of picketing. "god hates lawyers" "god hates fuckwits", "god hates shirley" "Aussies want Phelps cock". I'd even try to get the protest space in between them and their victims, and then invite half of San Francisco to come. Or maybe some big mean Jar Head types. Or maybe just Barry Humphries.
Shirl's pissed me off elsewhere before, but she's just so hard to get back at now that the whole fucking world knows how patently fucking mental she is.
Maybe I should give her a call on +1 785 233 4162.

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
In all fairness Tyra was acting like a stupid bitch (as usual).

"I am not going to fight with you on my show", etc. She asks her a question, she begins to answer, Tyra cuts her off and then yells at her for answering her question. What the hell was the point on bringing her on the show? I think they should get a smarter person to do the interviews, because Phelps is smarter than the interviewer here, and Phelps is a psycho bitch.
Well, yeah....but then psychopaths are usually highly intelligent - they have to be to be able to justify their actions/attitude to themselves. Look at "Son of Sam" killer David Berkowitz - he made up the whole "my neighbor's dog is a 3000 yr old demon and he told me to do it" story along with hearing voices and muttering inane sentences over and over during his trial so that he could claim "insanity". He knew exactly what he was doing and thinking at least ten paces ahead to the next move so he could get away with minimal damage to himself.
These "Christians" probably do the same - they are able to become lawyers after all (which either says something about the family's intelligence or the US legal system...not sure which)
But then....they haven't come up against the likes of Dynamic and some of our sharper tools ;):p

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
I'd so love that psycho bitch to get up in my face. If I was in Kansas, I'd be picketing their picketing for the sake of picketing. "god hates lawyers" "god hates fuckwits", "god hates shirley" "Aussies want Phelps cock". I'd even try to get the protest space in between them and their victims, and then invite half of San Francisco to come. Or maybe some big mean Jar Head types. Or maybe just Barry Humphries.
Shirl's pissed me off elsewhere before, but she's just so hard to get back at now that the whole fucking world knows how patently fucking mental she is.
Maybe I should give her a call on +1 785 233 4162.
Anonymous hacked their webpages......;)

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Also: Shirley has claimed that "The Internet" was invented by God for the use of the WBC to spread "His" word and that "no one can take down" their sites because "God" doesn't will it.
Which is like red rag to a bull for Anonymous and they quickly proved her quite wrong.
And the claim that the internet was invented for the WBC is just insane: everyone knows it was invented so people could watch videos of kittens doing stupid shit on YouTube......

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Anonymous hacked their webpages......;)
Meh, that's old news. In case you weren't looking, the only claimed anon hack was what happened to one of their sites while she was blabbing on and basically begging for some bitch slappin'. :p
There are far more interesting ways to go after that crazy old goat. Breaking a site is kinda boring now.