Tank Journal Archive

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Yep here's the link to them.

http://www.4cabling.com.au/slotted-cable-box-white.html#.U84FN_mSx8E

I'll admit they don't really fit on too well in my application but I'm sure in a standard one they will and they're really nice, having said that I opted for the slotted to make things easier but realistically only used it on one plug, so in a way that is a mighty fine feature but also a waste of all the other slots lol

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I was thinking looking at the pics that you would have been better/neater/slicker without the slots. But still tidier than just cable tied together.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
So part of this, I have a Netgear WNCE2001 which can be powered by its powerpack or by usb...seeing as though I'm out of ports on the powerboard for the powerpack.

I was trying to think of a way to use the usb power, I then read that the Neptune runs at a higher voltage on the usb ports so that was out of the question.

I was contemplating an extension cable on the wall socket to have the double port (plug ext. cable in power socket and it has a piggy back on it) and then though na that's a little messy.

I then realised that the giesemann bluetooth interface can control up to 4 lights via usb but has the printer cable usb ports on it (usb B) and thought hmm google an adapter, and found one in aus :)

So after the long story here....here you have a usb B-Male to usb A-Female adapter....going to try it out tonight hopefully these BT ports can support it

USB B to USB A Female Adapter.JPG

I'll take some pics tonight of the before and after of the organised electrics too.

It's still not like really neat but it is the best I could do prior to the reveal

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
So the adapter didn't work out lol back to the drawing board for the time being...I might try find a powerboard with usb ports on it similar to the board I have but might be asking for too much.

Here's the 'Organised' electrics. Still not overly neat but looks a lot better than when everything was first connected.

Before
Electrics - Before.JPG

After
Electrics - After (2).JPG

Electrics - After.JPG

Electrics - After (3).JPG

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Because it is only used to power up the Neptune products.
Design fail.... Never use an industry standard connector if it does not adhere to the rest of that connectors standards - ie voltage, pinouts, etc.

Would be like using an Australian power point plug to connect a printer to a computer.... Dangerous!

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Design fail.... Never use an industry standard connector if it does not adhere to the rest of that connectors standards - ie voltage, pinouts, etc.

Would be like using an Australian power point plug to connect a printer to a computer.... Dangerous!
Solid point :)