Ballarat, Victoria
OK, so the current tally appears to be:

DavidS 2 typhon 2 encl
Sam Parker 2 typhon 3 encl
Buddy 1 encl
grimnir 2 typhon 2 encl
Synodontis 8 typhon 10 encl
Total 14 typhon 18 encl

So we're a little short on the 20 Typhon minimum so far. I have provided them with the current numbers to see what kind of discount we can be offered based on the quantity requested so far. I'll advise once I get a response and we can discuss whether the pricing is still acceptable to everyone.

Assuming we've received revised discount offer, and that everyone has accepted the offer, I propose:
- Order date of Saturday January 11th.
- Payment will be by direct deposit to me, to be received by the 11th so I'm able to pay immediately. This should give anyone paid on the 9th time to get sorted out.
- Any one wishing to pay via PayPal will need to tack on a couple of percent extra for the fees (2% I think), as there is no margin for that.
- International shipping calculation, based on current numbers is about US$2.60 per typhon and US$1.30 per enclosure. I based this loosely on value of items. Obviously numbers are fluid based on total ordered.

Thoughts?

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
OK, so they've been back to me about the discount given the < 20 boards.
Assuming we don't make 20 boards, they'll give us 15% discount, which I believe is still pretty reasonable.
Everyone else prepared to accept that if we don't make 20?

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
If we can pass the current numbers I gave him, we can stick with the 15% discount, so no reason we can't drop one if we can pick up another person wanting one and not break anything.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Screenshot from 2014-01-06 18:07:25.png

OK, so not much has changed so far, so above is basically the calculation table I've used to come up with the costings - I've worked out the AUD calculation in the last field based on 86c/US$. Hopefully the dollar will be fairing a little better as I haven't covered the currency conversion fee.
We're up into import duty territory here as well - I'll do my best to see if that can be worked around to avoid us getting slugged 10% for the privilege of being Australians.

When each of your is ready, just shoot me a message and I'll PM you some account details.

If anyone else wants to jump on board, it's not too late!

EDIT: Forgot to mention: for local shipping - for the two of you that might need it. We'll worry about that when it arrives so I can find the best solutions based on the size/weight.

Last edited:

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
God damn exchange rate! :mad:
Just drop one of my enclosures to bring it back under the 1K if it helps mate.
I really only need 9 lol.
Let me know the transfer details & when your ordering :)

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
God damn exchange rate! :mad:
Just drop one of my enclosures to bring it back under the 1K if it helps mate.
I really only need 9 lol.
Let me know the transfer details & when your ordering :)
It's actually the exchange rate that buggers us. We'd have to drop about $150 out of the order to get below AU$1k, and if we do that, we get less discount, so we'd then have to drop more, and the whole thing becomes pointless. If the dollar was back where it was, it'd all work itself out properly. I'll see how we go with it anyway.

Assuming I have everyone's cash by the weekend, I'm planing on ordering this weekend.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Cool @DavidS,
If you need to split the order, you know what address to use, Back next week bugger it all. :)
That might be a suitable solution (I'd thought of that already). Don't get me started on back to work.... started back today to the biggest rolling cluster fuck of the century. January is screwed. February might be salvageable. Assuming I get through January without going postal.

grimnir

Aug 12, 2013
Parkinson
@Synodontis oops already paid and put in for courier fees before I read that.. oh well. Need so work out my order for LDDs and Boards with you now too :) will drop you a PM after I'm done with work for the day.

@DavidS when its all here let me know if I need to send more $ or not lol.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I am more than happy to drop 1 controller and enclosure (as I said earlier on :P ) but happy to keep it if it means we all get them cheaper. Split order might be the go.

Will PM now for account details.
Sam

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I am more than happy to drop 1 controller and enclosure (as I said earlier on :p ) but happy to keep it if it means we all get them cheaper. Split order might be the go.

Will PM now for account details.
Sam
Unless some bugger decides to buy an extra, we need that one on the order to keep the 15% discount :P
Doesn't mean you can't flog it off as a complete kit later anyway :P